St Augustine

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
Since I scrubbed the trip to Disney World, I'm now thinking about going to St Augustine in 2 or 3 weeks. Any suggestions of nice places to stay close to the beach and Old Town?

Kaye

Casa De La Paz Bed and Breakfast. Just down the street from the San Sebastian Winery (which is nice also), overlooks the bay, and within long walking distance of Castillo de San Marcos National Monument (the old fort.) Stayed there in 2002 for a weekend getaway with my girlfriend at the time when I was assigned to southern Georgia for a few months, very nice. Google it :cheerswine: Disadvantage is that is about a ten minute drive or 30 minute bike ride to the beach.

Last edited:
I went to St. Augustine a year or two ago. Its a nice little town but not as big and impressive as I thought it'd be. The fort itself is pretty small and the little shops aren't much different than any other Florida town. Although they do have a neat lighthouse with a small museum, Travel channel says its haunted if you're into that kinda thing. I'm not sure about the bed and breakfast thing although I know they have them.

Fort Pickens in Pensacola beach is I'd guess about twice the size but with other historical areas all over the island and its not even as well known.

AIA Beach Vacation rental 901-471-9988

We stayed in St. Augustine Beach last year right on the beach $600-800. We rented from the owners though. If you google Places to stay in St. Augustine you may find good deals.

Dan

I went to FL last week Kaye and it was COLD!!!!! Hopefully it will warm up by the time you decide to go.

Since I scrubbed the trip to Disney World, I'm now thinking about going to St Augustine in 2 or 3 weeks. Any suggestions of nice places to stay close to the beach and Old Town?

Kaye
You could stay with Patty Wagstaff. Just tell her I sent you.:goofy:

Back