There are always bacon-flavoured jellybeans:
ce85_bacon_beans_jellybeans.jpg

Or, if your lips are dry:
ce5c_bacon_lip_balm.jpg

And if you just love the smell, there are scented candles:
e585_bacon_scented_candles.jpg

And last, but certainly not least...Gummy Bacon:
b97f_gummy_bacon.jpg

Go to http://thinkgeek.com for all your bacon needs...no, I don't work for them, but they know bacon!

There are always bacon-flavoured jellybeans:
ce85_bacon_beans_jellybeans.jpg

Or, if your lips are dry:
ce5c_bacon_lip_balm.jpg

And if you just love the smell, there are scented candles:
e585_bacon_scented_candles.jpg

And last, but certainly not least...Gummy Bacon:
b97f_gummy_bacon.jpg

Go to http://thinkgeek.com for all your bacon needs...no, I don't work for them, but they know bacon!

I think I'm going to be sick.

72 million dogs can't be wrong...

hey, big dog lover here. I have German Shepherds, the real kind from Germany. They love their wurst and sauerkraut, but I draw the line at bacon.

hey, big dog lover here. I have German Shepherds, the real kind from Germany. They love their wurst and sauerkraut, but I draw the line at bacon.

That's becasue they call it speck. You have to say it to the dawgz in German.

You can't mess up saying wurst and sauerkraut so the dawgz know what you are feeding them.

Giving dogs sauerkraut? Are they trained to go outside to f--t?

That's becasue they call it speck. You have to say it to the dawgz in German.

You can't mess up saying wurst and sauerkraut so the dawgz know what you are feeding them.

Speck is just the fat. And my dogs are bilingual. My husband and dogs are German. I lived there too, but my German is getting rusty from lack of use. My good German dogs like their sauerkraut.

Oh good grief.

Fett is fat. Speck is bacon.

Visit a metzgerei and order both. They're different things. That's why they have different words.

Speck is just the fat. And my dogs are bilingual. My husband and dogs are German. I lived there too, but my German is getting rusty from lack of use. My good German dogs like their sauerkraut.

No, Speck is the whole bacon, Schmaltz is just the fat made into a spread (any soft animal fat will do). I'm German, I hate sauerkraut, but I love my bacon mmmmm...bacon....

Pork fat isn't all that unhealthy anyway and we need some fat to keep our nervous system healthy and working properly, might as well be yummy fat....

It's fried fat. Am I the only one who finds bacon revolting?

Yep, pretty much the only person on the entire planet I have met in 45 years... Even all the Jews I know eat it....

::shudder::

I grew up in Germany, too, but could not brave the schmaltz. That and the blutwurst/ blutsuppe. That's hardcore beyond lederhosen.

::shudder::

I grew up in Germany, too, but could not brave the schmaltz. That and the blutwurst/ blutsuppe. That's hardcore beyond lederhosen.

Goose schmaltz on toasted rye with radishes and fresh black pepper on top...mmmmmmm, chase it with a heaping spoon full of Nutella....

I'm with you on the blutwurst though...

No, Speck is the whole bacon, Schmaltz is just the fat made into a spread (any soft animal fat will do). I'm German, I hate sauerkraut, but I love my bacon mmmmm...bacon....

Pork fat isn't all that unhealthy anyway and we need some fat to keep our nervous system healthy and working properly, might as well be yummy fat....

Schmaltz! That's what I was thinking of, the spread made from fat drippings. Some of those German meat and fat products are not too appealing. But I do like Pfefferschinken.

You make it sound good with the radishes. I might have to do some experimental eating. Now to find a good bauernbrot to go with. :cheerswine:

Rochester, MI

We have Breadcrafter's franchise here but they don't do the sourdough farmer rye.

You make it sound good with the radishes. I might have to do some experimental eating. Now to find a good bauernbrot to go with. :cheerswine:

Learn how to bake.

Baking isn't the issue. It's getting your hands on the starter. I don't know all the ins and outs, but there's something about the strain of yeast that's unique to the German sourdough farmer rye.

My mom is old school German and bakes like nobody's business. She also bakes her own bread. But she can't reproduce the farmer stuff.

mmm Schmaltzbrot rocks. Nothing quite like Lard, Bacon, Onion, and Apple Bits bits on a good chunk of Schwartzbrot.

Heck if you think Blutwurst is bad you ought to try Schwarzsauer :D

Bacon makes everything better.

Agreed.... except when made in a microwave.. just something not right about that. All those long chain fats and triglycerides, keeps the arteries and joins flexible, sorta oil for the body. :D

Gary

Baking isn't the issue. It's getting your hands on the starter. I don't know all the ins and outs, but there's something about the strain of yeast that's unique to the German sourdough farmer rye.

My mom is old school German and bakes like nobody's business. She also bakes her own bread. But she can't reproduce the farmer stuff.

I love your mom. Just thinking about it, I can almost smell it. I miss German bakeries.

I can't eat bacon, or any other pork product. Any and every time I've had it, my digestive system turns into a one way Autobahn. I have 15 minutes max to find a toilet to spend the next 3 hours on.

I agree with the sentiments on turkey bacon, however.

On my desk at work:

Attachments

• IMG_20110407_100917.jpg
    IMG_20110407_100917.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
hehe. At my office there is another guy named Bacon. His orifice is filled with such novelties.

Goose schmaltz on toasted rye with radishes and fresh black pepper on top...mmmmmmm, chase it with a heaping spoon full of Nutella....

I'm with you on the blutwurst though...

Radishes and I reunited often after that post. Mmmm what a delicious food.

Thanks for the reminder. :D

Back