Spur of the moment BFR...

CMTowner

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Chris - 80T
So I was visiting some if my customers today and one was asking if I had been flying lately, at which I shamefully had to say not in four months, and now my BFR has lapsed. Well, that quickly changed, a phone call later and I am going up to do my BFR. No prep, no planning, just lets hammer it out now. The best part to me, besides getting signed off, is I had two of the best cross wind landings ever, and at KDAB to boot.

The customer/friend and now new instructor and friend are amazing to say the least. What a thrill. I am forever in their debt.

Lets hope they don't ask do more discounts on their parts now. :)

BFRs should be fun, in my opinion. It's a chance to review things you may not have thought much about in a couple of years. You can't "fail" one....it just might require a bit more practice to get the polish back. No big deal. Enjoy it!

When we got done transition training in the RV last week, Mary was smart enough to ask the CFI "can we count this as our BFRs?".

I would never have thought of that. They're not due until October, but what the heck? Killed four birds with one stone, and saved a few hundred samoleans.

On my BFR we went through the basics then he said lets start a intro to commercial and do a few of those maneuvers . I had a blast.

I agree, Jonesy. It was fun, especially since it was so spur of the moment. No worrying about making sure I know what might be asked of me for the oral review portion. I think it was definitely the most enjoyable BFR I've done to date, and I can say I have now found a new instructor too.

That was my original goal, Jay, to use an endorsement or rating add-on to knock this year's BFR out, however the opportunity presented it self and I had to take it. I'm still looking to add some some endorsements this year, and now I have my new instructor for it.

I've never done much more prep for my BFR than getting enough cash to pay the CFI.

This thread is right on time because mine is due in a few weeks.

I'm thinking of doing some hood work since I haven't done that in a long time.

I had a checkout flight a couple of mouths ago and the CFI put me through a round of unusual attitude recoveries. He said I handled them great. That was a lot of fun and something I hadn't done in a few years.:)

Back