Sports Hernia

U

Unregistered

I presume that a sports hernia is not a major deal. Get it fixed, recover, and the FAA won't really care. Is that true?

I would guess so. Lots of past hernia discussions in this forum. So do a search to find out appropriate guidance.

The rub is in "determining if it's likely to incarcerate". That's subjective. But for a repaired hernia, it's "Manifest full recovery from hernia surgery" and issue.

The rub is in "determining if it's likely to incarcerate". That's subjective. But for a repaired hernia, it's "Manifest full recovery from hernia surgery" and issue.

Pretty sure autocorrect changed "incapacitate" to "incarcerate." Otherwise, this is pretty funny!

I had an inguinal hernia that went undiagnosed for at least 13 years. It was discovered 2 years ago when I presented to the ER with an incarcerated appendix inside my inguinal canal. I reluctantly had the appendectomy then and decided to have the hernia surgery near the 2yr anniversary of the appendectomy, coincidentally. The doctor report stated that the hernia was incarcerated. I am now on day 3 of recovery and all seems to be well in order and I would like to return to my office job tomorrow.

Provided I get this statement, "Manifest full recovery from hernia surgery" in the record from the surgeon, am I correct in assuming that I should have no issues at my next AME visit?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back