Sport pilot instructor training

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
Can anyone recommend a place to get a sport pilot instructor rating. The only place I have found is AeroTech in Lexington, KY.

Can anyone recommend a place to get a sport pilot instructor rating. The only place I have found is AeroTech in Lexington, KY.
I was speaking with Chip this evening. They are teaching the SP at Bentonville (KVBT).

what are they training in there?
He told me the plane but I couldn't recall the make. So, I looked it up!

Remos G-3

12.jpg

The school is Summit Aviation.

Is Chip doing it or someone else?
I can't tell ya there but Chip is just as qualified to teach Sport as he is PPL. I figure if he can fit in a Husky, he can fit in that Remos. :)

i dunno, Chip prefers not to fly the 152 there, i cant imagine the Remos is more roomy. Nice looking airplane though!

I prefer not to fly a 152 ANYWHERE.

The Remos has much more room than a 152 or a 172. Closer to a 182 in width (they've got to slow it down somehow). I rank it in the top 10 best flying airplanes I've flown. Great control harmony, nice and light. Flies great with the doors off. I'm not a big Rotax fan but I'm trying.

Like most places we're learning about the sport pilot program as we go. I don't have any sport pilot students right now but will likely have some by summer. We haven't done any SP instructor training but that will come in time too.

cool chip, next time im down there you'll have to check me out in the remos, sounds like a cool airplane.

Back