Spitfire Model Pictures

Keith Lane

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Keith Lane
I was cleaning off some space on my hard disk this AM and ran ocross these pictures of a hand built model of a Supermarine Spitfire. I have no clue who built it, so I cannot give credit to it's obviously very talented builder. I do recall that it was entirely constructed by hand from some very unique materials and even the pinking cuts on the "fabric" covering the control surfaces was to scale. This person not only has amazing talent, but an amazing amount of time on his/her nhands. Enjoy....

Attachments

• SpitfireMK1_1-35Model_01_exterior.jpg
    SpitfireMK1_1-35Model_01_exterior.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 18
  • SpitfireMK1_1-35Model_02_exterior-light-scale.jpg
    SpitfireMK1_1-35Model_02_exterior-light-scale.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 11
  • SpitfireMK1_1-35Model_03_exterior-rear.jpg
    SpitfireMK1_1-35Model_03_exterior-rear.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 7
  • SpitfireMK1_1-35Model_04_exterior-tire.jpg
    SpitfireMK1_1-35Model_04_exterior-tire.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 13
  • SpitfireMK1_1-35Model_06_interior-cockpit.jpg
    SpitfireMK1_1-35Model_06_interior-cockpit.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 18
  • SpitfireMK1_1-35Model_07_interior-stick.jpg
    SpitfireMK1_1-35Model_07_interior-stick.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 22
Wow, nice! Thanks Keith! You wouldn't happen to know what scale it's in would you? I build 1:48 scale models and do a lot of "super detailing" on the WWII prop models. I don't build very many jets.

Wow, nice! Thanks Keith! You wouldn't happen to know what scale it's in would you? I build 1:48 scale models and do a lot of "super detailing" on the WWII prop models. I don't build very many jets.

Sorry, Frank.
I don't have any more info on these pics. The names of the files all start "SpitfireMK1_1-35Model", so perhaps it's 1:35? I don't know much about models but I thought these were neat pictures. I know a lady who's husband does WWII armored vehicles and just recently won an award for one of his creations. I'll look around for pictures of his model too.

I was cleaning off some space on my hard disk this AM and ran ocross these pictures of a hand built model of a Supermarine Spitfire. I have no clue who built it, so I cannot give credit to it's obviously very talented builder. I do recall that it was entirely constructed by hand from some very unique materials and even the pinking cuts on the "fabric" covering the control surfaces was to scale. This person not only has amazing talent, but an amazing amount of time on his/her nhands. Enjoy....

Dang, that's nice. When I worked for Sperry Rail Service, we'd always end up giving rail fans the nickle tour, and one day in BF Manitoba somewhere, this guy comes over and is really interested and takes a bunch of pictures. We came back through about 6 months later and the same guy stops by with the model he made, it was superb, all the details were there and all the parts moved.... I was amazed.

That is really impressive. Looking at the picture of cockpit, I actually forgot that I was looking at a model. Seriously, I did.

Back