Spironolactone for adult acne

U

Unregistered

This is a blood pressure drug but apparently has side effects which make it effective as acne treatment in low doses (25mg per day).

Is this medicine something to worry about in regards to my medical (even though it's not RXd to me for blood pressure).

Any other side effects of Spironolactone to worry about? Would it cause hair thinning or loss? When my aunt when on blood pressure meds her hair became noticeably thinner although I think when they switched her to something else it came back (I don't remember what drugs they were either).

I was on minocycline for 5 years and started to notice some dulling of my teeth near the roots and decided to stop before it was noticeable to anyone but myself.

Finally, would anyone have an opinion on using doxycycline (antibiotic) instead of minocycline specifically in relation to teeth coloration? Is that also likely to cause teeth discoloration? Antibiotics definitely kept my skin smooth, it's too bad it has that side effect with the teeth - as an adult, not a kid.

Thank you.

All the "cyclines" are qeuqllly bad for the teeth.
Sprionlactone for acne needs be accompanied by a doc's letter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back