Spin Zone threads

flyersfan31

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Freiburgfan31
I'm curious. I wasn't aware of the new policy, namely that threads that drift into SZ territory get closed instead of moved. Why? Closing or moving, either way you're making a value judgement on the content. Why not just move it into the unmonitored wastelands?

I am assuming that moving a thread is a simple point and click. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm curious. I wasn't aware of the new policy, namely that threads that drift into SZ territory get closed instead of moved. Why? Closing or moving, either way you're making a value judgement on the content. Why not just move it into the unmonitored wastelands?

I am assuming that moving a thread is a simple point and click. Maybe I'm wrong.
It confuses people too much. Those of us that don't subscribe to the spin zone (I don't) have no idea where it went. We then get people duking it out over our comments in the spin zone expecting us to reply.

It is a better idea to just close it. That way posts don't go into the spin zone unless someone intended them to.

It confuses people too much. Those of us that don't subscribe to the spin zone (I don't) have no idea where it went. We then get people duking it out over our comments in the spin zone expecting us to reply.

It is a better idea to just close it. That way posts don't go into the spin zone unless someone intended them to.

Ahh. I see. That makes sense. I figured there had to be SOME reason.

As for closing/deleting vs moving, it's pretty simple -- moving is a lot more work than closing/deleting, and we of the MC got tired of expending the effort.

As for closing/deleting vs moving, it's pretty simple -- moving is a lot more work than closing/deleting, and we of the MC got tired of expending the effort.
That's enough of an explanation right there.:yes:

Closing a thread takes 3 clicks and then a post in that thread.
Moving a thread takes 5 clicks and no post.

Moving a thread actually takes much less time because of the no-post requirement..but the after-math would take time and confuse the hell out of people when their posts disappeared.

That..and the fact..that a mouse only clicks so many times before it breaks. Do you want to be responsible for replacing MC computer peripherals?

Last edited:

Again, that works for me.

...snip...
That..and the fact..that a mouse only clicks so many times before it breaks. Do you want to be responsible for replacing MC computer peripherals?
Image of

Attachments

• George Jetson.jpg
    George Jetson.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Not to mention the carpal tunnel... :rofl:

And then there are the times where we have to use the middle finger to push the mouse button....:eek:

Back