Spin training and incipient spin recovery video

Ozone

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ozone
I decided to do some spin and incipient spin recovery training after having not done it in years. I made a video of the training, and i hope some find it useful.

Link:

I like it. Thanks for sharing your video. Great plane to be doing such training in.

I didn't see you pull it straight up until it stalled and developed into a spin. Did I miss it? That's the way it was taught, power on, power off. . I owned a Stearman. They are very docile in the air, less on landing. Others to do spin training in are Cubs, champs, Taylorcrafts , Luscombes, etc. etc.

Spin training in a Stearman. Tough life. Won't be spinning the Mooney any time soon if ever. What I read about test pilots spinning one was harrowing to say the least.

Spin training in a Stearman. Tough life. Won't be spinning the Mooney any time soon if ever. What I read about test pilots spinning one was harrowing to say the least.

Some planes are made to spin. Mooneys are not. Apparently neither are Cirri.

I didn't see you pull it straight up until it stalled and developed into a spin. Did I miss it? That's the way it was taught, power on, power off. . I owned a Stearman. They are very docile in the air, less on landing. Others to do spin training in are Cubs, champs, Taylorcrafts , Luscombes, etc. etc.
The first few spins were full spins. The last few, before the loop-to-loop, were recovering before a full spin developed. What surpirsed me what the nose down attitude and the off-kilter angle, but the plane was gaining altitude all the while. I could see how someone, who has started to stall in a base to final turn, would be tempted to pull out of that sight picture, thus making things worse again.

Back