Spectacular Belly Landing

:sigh:

Ok, let's count the number of times that they used the phrase "crash landing" in that article. That is a term that I wish would be stricken from every journalism department on the planet.

:sigh:

Ok, let's count the number of times that they used the phrase "crash landing" in that article. That is a term that I wish would be stricken from every journalism department on the planet.

I did, used twice:
"the plane circled above Woodbourne for about half an hour, preparing for a crash landing" That usage is normal and reflects good practice.

The other time the term was uncalled for. emergency landing would have been more accurate.

Overall, a well written piece.

The mighty D Model 1900. I really enjoyed flying that airplane a bunch but I can't exactly call it a passenger's airplane. The prop blades are composite and are bonded to a nickle leading edge strip. When they fracture like that pieces can find there way through the side of the airplane. Glad no one was hurt.

I did, used twice:
"the plane circled above Woodbourne for about half an hour, preparing for a crash landing" That usage is normal and reflects good practice.

The other time the term was uncalled for. emergency landing would have been more accurate.

Overall, a well written piece.

You forgot the subhead...which was also uncalled for.

Aircraft pieces flew in the air as an Eagle Air plane with 17 people on board made an emergency crash landing at Blenheim Airport this morning after landing gear failed.

Is there really such a thing as a non-emergency crash landing??? :eek: :D

Silly reporters.

No, but there is most certainly a non-crash emergency landing...which is what I would have called this incident.

I'm not disagreeing that the article seemed to be better researched than most...I just hate the connotation that anything other than a normal landing is a "crash landing".

Back