Special Needs Fly-in at CXY

Shipoke

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
shipoke
Here is the poster for this years Fly-in . Incase anyone is interested in coming.
If you plan on flying the kids you need a EAA membership and need to contact Denny Carney at 717-258-6402
BTW this is Saturday May 5th at KCXY
Dave G.:blueplane:

Attachments

• SAVE0009.JPG
    SAVE0009.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 37
Have a blast Dave I know this event is one of your favorites. I'm sure the kids will love it.

Well , we had another Great Day flying the Kids,Winds where light and variable, Viz was CAVU. we had 25 Planes and 2 Helo's and did something like 600 + flights between 10 AM and 4 PM. Vette showed up and drove the kids around,as well as the Blue Moon Cruiser and the VietNam Vet with thier motorcycles. And a special Thanks to Ed Guthrie and Bob Ciotti for showing up to help fly the Kids. If you have never done a Young Eagle flight everyone needs to especially with Special Need Kids they love it and you'll get the greatest experiance you ever had flying. When i get some Pictures i'll post them . Have Fun and FLY SAFE.

Dave G:blueplane:

Last edited:
Here are 2 Emails i got today, first one is from Organizer, Denny. second is from one of the kids we flew
HI GANG:

I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU WHO VOLUNTEERED YESTERDAY AT THE YOUNG EAGLE FLIGHT PARTY. WE COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU THE VOLUNTEERS ON THE GROUND IN THE AIR OR DRIVING THOSE NICE CARS..

I DON'T HAVE A TOTAL YET BUT WE FLEW AND DROVE A LOT OF HAPPY SPECIAL FRIENDS.

ALL 1200 HOT DOGS WERE EATEN AND A LOT OF CANDY TOO.

ALL YOU NEEDED TO DO WAS SEE THOSE SMILES OF THE KIDS AND THE FAMILY MEMBERS AND YOU KNOW OUR 15TH YOUNG EAGLE FLIGHT PARTY WAS ANOTHER GREAT SUCCESS.

DENNY, PRES.
EAA CHAPTER 122
I thought you would all like to see this. It is what the Make-A-Wish party is all about.

I'll post the second email when i figure out how to change the Font on it so it will fit here,
Dave G

1. Click the "Go Advanced" button.
  2. Copy & paste the email.
  3. Select the text you want to resize.
  4. Choose the font size that you want in the option menu above the edit box.
Font Size 1
Font Size 2
Font Size 3
Font Size 4
Font Size 5
Font Size 6
Font Size 7

Here Is The second Email ,the one from one of the kids we flew.
Dear Wayne Laughner,

Thank you for the Young Eagles Flying Party.

I really enjoyed flying in an airplane and seeing the world from way up high! I also liked actually working the controls of the plane! And I was sorry whenever it was time to land!

I've never flown before, but always wondered what it might be like. And now I know. I even dreamt about flying in airplanes!

I also didn't think it would be the big event that it was. Cars, police, emergency vehicles, helicopter rides, I never expected any of that! I just thought that it would be a couple of people standing with a tent offering free airplane rides. I really enjoyed going inside the C130 plane and checking it out. I heard that airplane fly over my house several times, especially at night whenever I was trying to sleep. Now I know exactly what it looks like! The cars were neat for me to look at too, As I was and still am into cars!

I had a great time at The Young Eagles Flying Party and I hope to come back next year for another good time!

Please say a special thank-you to The Young Eagles Flying Committee and Mike Murra, the pilot that took me for the airplane ride!

Thanks again,

Max Michael Chabanik

And a special Thanks to KennyFlys for helping me to be able to post this.

BTW we now have a official Count on the day
Flights 603
Kids Flown 907
Airplanes 22
Helo's 2

I've noticed there has been alot of people watching this thread,
Thank You for the intrest, as you can tell this event is close to my heart.

Dave G

Dave,

That's an awesome contribution to all those kids by the many pilots, their aircraft, the flight time and all the expense. You guys are a huge part of what GA is all about.

Thanks!

BTW we now have a official Count on the day
Flights 603
Kids Flown 907
Airplanes 22
Helo's 2

Wow... That's an AVERAGE of over 25 flights per aircraft! And about 38 kids per aircraft too. Amazing!

Nice work Dave. :yes:

Wow... That's an AVERAGE of over 25 flights per aircraft! And about 38 kids per aircraft too. Amazing!

Nice work Dave. :yes:

Kent i will admit that the Herlo's did most of the work,They flew a pattern that was about a 10 Minute flight, while the planes had a 15-20 pattern.
But all in all everybody was kept busy.Especially the Tower.They did one hellava Job
And I agree this was a AMAZING Event

Last edited:
Back