speaking of the next fly-in...

Dizaster

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Diz

While some of you were enjoying Gaston’s, some of us were working at 6Y9! :D:D:D

Anyway, as I am s-l-o-w-l-y working on the getting the hang out room(S) ;) a little more comfortable, I had lots of time to run this year's fly-in through my brain. (How long that really took is not up for discussion….)

I don’t know if the Friday night schedule is ready for a change, or if you’re all still happy with what we’ve done in the past, but I am open to ideas. For those coming in early, Jesse’s suggestion for some food in the fridge/freezer is definitely in the planning. As it gets closer, based on who’s coming and when, we will tweak that particular inventory & bring a grill over and leave it. Since we now have this “unique” area to kick back in…is there any interest in having a pot luck of sorts on Friday night? Just a thought. We will do what the masses want. Saturday schedule will remain as is. Sunday & Monday flexible as always.

I know it seems like a long way off to even think about Labor Day weekend but we sorta live far away from the field and I’m a planner (aka baritone-for those who understand)

I’m working on a couple of fun things, they may or may not come to fruition, but I’m having fun just the same, and so looking forward to the regulars, and hopefully can entice others to join.

Someone can start an attendee list.

Friday potluck could be interesting ... might bring local treats to share and at least everyone will have the opportunity to have something that's on his/her eating/drinking plan

Hmm...

I'll just grab a snow shovel, and scrape up whatever I find on M-28.

I do believe I'll (we'll?) be there this year...we have no injured dogs...as of right now anyway...

I do believe I'll (we'll?) be there this year...we have no injured dogs...as of right now anyway...

Yeah! Do you and your lovely bride have any opinions as to a Friday night potluck?

You heading back yup' der this year, AZ?
Yeah Adam-- it's earlier again this year:yes:

And how about you guys? We were hoping you guys were going to make it back up there last year. Some things have changed a tad...

Yeah Adam-- it's earlier again this year:yes:

And how about you guys? We were hoping you guys were going to make it back up there last year. Some things have changed a tad...

I was talking to Rachel about it last night. It got the wheels turning in her head, so we'll have to see how things are going as the summer progresses.

I can't believe we haven't been up there in 3 years now! So what's the new 'digs up there these days? Inquiring minds want to know.. ;)

I was talking to Rachel about it last night. It got the wheels turning in her head, so we'll have to see how things are going as the summer progresses.

I can't believe we haven't been up there in 3 years now! So what's the new 'digs up there these days? Inquiring minds want to know.. ;)

Show up and find out!

Show up and find out!

I clicked 'New Posts', and saw that someone had replied to this thread. Then I saw that it was you who had replied. Before I even opened the thread, I said "Show up and find out."

I clicked 'New Posts', and saw that someone had replied to this thread. Then I saw that it was you who had replied. Before I even opened the thread, I said "Show up and find out."

As Laurie said in Kent's thread, I am predictable.

Maybe I am a real life Sheldon.

sorry i plan to be back in New Mexico. have fun!

Short memory? I believe I shared with you only...what was up my sleeve for last year....think back...it was something about making things possibly a little easier with the little one....

You heading back yup' der this year, AZ?

I'd like to but not sure yet Chris. The last two weeks of August will be packed with College visits for my daughter. I'd like to get out to Ann Arbor to see Univ of Michigan with her and if we can arrange the timing it might happen. But we have so many freaking schools to see, that combined with my sisters Wedding in SF which will drain my wallet means I just don't know yet.

Short memory? I believe I shared with you only...what was up my sleeve for last year....think back...it was something about making things possibly a little easier with the little one....

I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down... ;)

If you dare.

OH! You're talking...food....

Well a buckeye would be flying them in but hopefully that would get me a free pass. It's ok, I survived buying Ed Buckeye napkins for when he flew to the Dayton BBQ.

Well a buckeye would be flying them in but hopefully that would get me a free pass. It's ok, I survived buying Ed Buckeye napkins for when he flew to the Dayton BBQ.

Free pass granted...guess that means you're planning on coming!

I have put it on the calendar so it is a definite maybe. Time will tell.

Random question - is there any fishing near the airport? If I could sneak my fly rod in the plane (if we are able to make the trip this year), is there somewhere relatively accessible (4-wheeler/whatever) that I could sneak a couple of hours of fishing in?

Random question - is there any fishing near the airport? If I could sneak my fly rod in the plane (if we are able to make the trip this year), is there somewhere relatively accessible (4-wheeler/whatever) that I could sneak a couple of hours of fishing in?

Fo sho. And if you can't get a rod in the plane, I'm sure between my dad and I we could hook you up. Pun intended.

Chris, you bring the flyrod ,I'll take you to a spot you can catch rainbow ,brookies and maybe a Brown.:yes:

I will try to make it up there a little longer this year. Might even convince my wife to go...

Back