Southern California Shops. Garmin Dealers

Tan

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TheCapTan
Can anyone recommend a shop that will take care of small avionics needs. Firmware updates etc. shops I’ve called won’t helped unless you’re spending $$$ for a panel.

I haven’t tried Ramona. My friend told me about them but they refused to work on his Comanche because it wasn’t worth it to them. Affordable never called me back.

Affordable isn’t affordable at all :)

Leading edge has become untenable as they’re a monopoly and expensive.

There are a couple of guys in el
monte

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone recommend a shop that will take care of small avionics needs. Firmware updates etc. shops I’ve called won’t helped unless you’re spending $$$ for a panel.
https://highdesertavionics.com/ Jeff did small work for me. Been about 10 years now but I’m sure he’s still the same. Pretty good Restaurant at WJF also.

Maybe check with Matt at Waypoint (KRAL)?

https://highdesertavionics.com/ Jeff did small work for me. Been about 10 years now but I’m sure he’s still the same. Pretty good Restaurant at WJF also.

My install was by High Desert. I will never go back to them!!! Leading edge took care of me. Tim shop manager came to my hanger to update my plane.

Can an AP with FCC license do the updates and sign off or does it require a Garmin dealer? I know the AP installed my G5 as an ASI and does the updates, but the HSI updates have to be done by the avionics shop because its connected to the GPS.

Can an AP with FCC license do the updates and sign off or does it require a Garmin dealer? I know the AP installed my G5 as an ASI and does the updates, but the HSI updates have to be done by the avionics shop because its connected to the GPS.
Can’t an owner update the database? I’m supposed to pay someone to update every 56 days? Is this why every database seems to be from 2010?

For certified airplanes we can only do Nav updates. Firmware for navigators or displays need to be a dealer.

My install was by High Desert. I will never go back to them!!! Leading edge took care of me. Tim shop manager came to my hanger to update my plane.

I’ve used Jeff (High Desert) several times and he’s been great. Quality work.

I’ve used Jeff (High Desert) several times and he’s been great. Quality work.

Most of the work was satisfactory except for some items. I’m glad you had good service but I’ve cost my losses with them. After install support is as important as install. Shops have a monopoly on certified aircraft.

I think I need to open up a shop near Bakersfield. Seems all avionics shops are completely booked with a long backlog or are terrible. Glad I can do all my avionics work myself.

I got a call from AIE Avionics at French Valley asking if I wanted to get anything done. I got the impression that they are starting to slow down. Might be worth giving them a call if you need work done.

Back