Southern Airways

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
I like the adventure of taking small and little known airlines. My last discovery was OneJet. Now I’m rolling the dice on Southern Airways. DFW-ELD in a couple weeks. Cessna Caravans from what I gather. Any pireps?

Looking forward to yours.

---

I flew Via Air from Tucson to Austin yesterday. Had never heard of 'em, but only non-stop. Regional jet, pleasant enough, the flight was late, but it went.

Looking forward to yours.

---

I flew Via Air from Tucson to Austin yesterday. Had never heard of 'em, but only non-stop. Regional jet, pleasant enough, the flight was late, but it went.
I know a guy that worked there... his mother taught him to be polite so he never talks about via.

Mine they just parked on the ramp until the plane filled up, then went....-:)

Sound suspiciously like something Bob Newhart used to talk about.

Back in the day there was a Southern Airways. Flew Martin 404’s and DC-3’s IIRC. We called them Kamikaze Airways. Once flew into a place on the way to Valdosta GA where a C-130 was doing LAPES on a part of the field.

Cheers

Southern Aiways flew Martin 404s to TUP back in the day. Southern Airways Express is a local airline. Caravans and Chiefains...all EAS as far as I know

Essential air service

Tax payer subsidized air service to rual communities. Makes it financially viable for companies to run routes into communities that otherwise would have service.

Southern Airways, flew DC-9s in the 70s; used to fly home for holidays from Keesler AFB (Biloxi - Gulfport).

Southern Airways was the civilian airline in and out of Eglin AFB, when I was stationed there.

Back