South African PPL looking for C150 / C152 to build 50+ hours

Mardus

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mardus
Hi All,

I arrived in the USA about a week ago.

I hope to rent a C150 / C152 to build around 50 - 80 hours (depending on how much it costs).

I already have a Private Pilot License + Night Rating and about 90 hours total flying time. My papers are with the FAA at the moment and I expect to receive a "letter of authenticity" some time next week.

Does anyone perhaps know of a C150 / C152 that I can rent for a number of cross country flights at less than $80 p/h, wet?

I would love to hear from owners who's carriages might be standing in a hangar somewhere waiting for the chance to get out.

Another issue will be accomodation as I don't have my own transport and will need to live walking distance from the airport / airpark or have access to efficient public transport.

I saw an excellent deal in Wichita, Kansas, with Praeri Air Service for a C150 just below US$80 and live-in costs of around $750 p/m with meals.

Does anyone know of any place where I may find a better deal?

I am in Denver, Colorado, at the moment.

Thanks a lot for your time and feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding flying in South Africa.

Cheers,

Mardus

My club in Miami rents IFR 172's with GNS 430W for $40/hr dry. You can easily fly for $75/hr wet however your 1st six months dues is $600, after that $150/six months so you would have to add $10/hr to total $85/hr but you get a lot more airplane.

Thats an awesome deal.

Our club is ok but I think they could do better.

Back