"Sorry For The Delay, We can't Find A Crew."

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
I think this is funny, but my daughter & son in law don't. :no:

They are stuck in the Denver Airport waiting for a flight crew to be assembled to fly flight 6041 into Lincoln. The schedule must have been a total surprise to United or they would have scheduled a flight crew also. The plane is there, but no one to fly it.

Maybe the crew put in applications at McDonalds and found out they can get more money, and food discounts. "I'm outta here!" :rofl:

The plane was suppose to depart at 11:40 CST. It is now 1:30CST and they are still in Denver waiting for a crew.

Is this anyway to run an airline?

Someone called in sick. Wonder if the flight was full?

When you run out of Reserves and everyone else is smart enough to have a separate phone line for (S)crew Scheduling, so they don't get Junior Manned... The airplane sits. ;)

I'm not doing anything at the moment, maybe I should go out and offer to fly?

Well they finally found a crew in the lounge. They claimed they haven't had a drink...... in the last 10 mins. :lol:

Plane won't get here til 6. :eek: Was to arrive at 1

Last edited:
Sad thing is the airlines don't do anything for the inconvenience.

Sad thing is the airlines don't do anything for the inconvenience.

They are in CO, the least they could do is hand out a doobie.

The original crew figured out they can work in a head shop and make a ton more than being a bus driver.

OH! This gets even better! SIL left the security area to get something out of the car. They move the flight up 2 hours and he MISSED THE FLIGHT! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

United booked him on the next one, but still what a day! Did I tell you they are traveling with an 8 month old baby? :eek:

Good thing my daughter likes Morgan & Coke! We'll have one waiting for her, and the SIN when he gets here 2 hours after her. :rofl:

Last edited:
Well at least the flight wasn't in the air when they said that.

I have seen a jumpseater pulled to fly a leg. I guess he had the right paperwork and wasn't past duty time limitations.

They could have been on -- gulp,, Spirit.

Were they carrying any guitars? Hope not.

OH! This gets even better! SIL left the security area to get something out of the car. They move the flight up 2 hours and he MISSED THE FLIGHT! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

United booked him on the next one, but still what a day! Did I tell you they are traveling with an 8 month old baby? :eek:

Good thing my daughter likes Morgan & Coke! We'll have one waiting for her, and the SIN when he gets here 2 hours after her. :rofl:

I like her style that she just got on and left him. Haha.

They are stuck in the Denver Airport waiting for a flight crew to be assembled to fly flight 6041 into Lincoln. The schedule must have been a total surprise to United or they would have scheduled a flight crew also. The plane is there, but no one to fly it.

Maybe the crew put in applications at McDonalds and found out they can get more money, and food discounts. "I'm outta here!" :rofl:

The plane was suppose to depart at 11:40 CST. It is now 1:30CST and they are still in Denver waiting for a crew.

Why so surprised? Happens all the time on every airline. Sometimes because someone called in sick, but usually because earlier delays in other parts of the country either caused the intended crew to either bust duty time or the crew is still in transit on another flight. Flight and cabin crew schedules are completely separate from aircraft scheduling.

Are you really naive enough to think they are actually flying on United metal with a flight number like that ? That's like calling the Colgan crash Continental. United may have sold the ticket but that ain't big United.

Are you really naive enough to think they are actually flying on United metal with a flight number like that ? That's like calling the Colgan crash Continental. United may have sold the ticket but that ain't big United.

That's a good point. I recognized it right away knowing DEN and destinations.

But hey... If United paints the airplanes and prints tickets in their name, they're playing games with customer's heads. That's not exactly right either. They don't get a pass completely unless they're willing to stop acting like it's all one big happy family.

And yes they all do it. I know.

That route is probably Great Mistakes (Lakes)... I think. Not going to go look it up.

It's Express Jet and that will mean tomorrow's LNK ORD flight will cancel too. They have an unspeakably low completion factor right now they soon will be parking planes too.

For a customer choosing flights when booking at ual.com, is there a way to determine which commuter airline will be providing the service for a leg?

For a customer choosing flights when booking at ual.com, is there a way to determine which commuter airline will be providing the service for a leg?

Since the Colgan crash they're required to show that it's "United Flight xxx operated by Mesa Airlines"

Yes. I purchased some tickets recently and saw that I had a choice of a Q400 operated by Republic or a CRJ operated by Skywest depending on what time I wanted to travel. I chose according to my preferred time without regard to the equipment or who was operating it.

I have a friend who was at the airport and got a call from United. He said to me I got a flight. I said better get to LAX fast. He said they are holding the plane and waiting for him at John Wayne, about 2 hours away. I wonder what they told those passengers.

Back