Someone messed with my plane last night!

U

Unregistered

I went down to the hangar this morning to find an EI MVP-50P installed in my plane. The original right side (copilot) panel was gone and replaced with a new sheet of aluminum with the MVP-50P mounted in the center. In the engine compartment, a set of sensors had been installed on the Lycoming IO-360-A1A. I went ahead an fired up the engine and the MVP lit up and everything looked normal, engine ran like a top.

What should I do? None of this was entered in the logs--someone just snuck in and did all this just to get at the old instruments I had in the panel. Those are nowhere to be found!

It is absolutely disgusting that someone would go and commit vandalism like this.

Tell me where you are, and I'll be glad to round up a bunch of old, reliable, comforting instruments for your panel, and get the offending EI far from your view.

No need to thank me. I'm just that kind of guy.

I had the same thing happen to me with an MVP-50. I had gotten partial fingerprints off the panel but when presented to the authorities they said they were hoof prints....Raindeer...??? I have the proof below...!!

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0236.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0236.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 381
It would be an unlikely, maybe even almost unbelieveable circustance, but you might also check your bank and/or credit card balance, maybe even your mattress cash/stash to be sure the perp didn't get some of your money too.

I had the same thing happen to me with an MVP-50. I had gotten partial fingerprints off the panel but when presented to the authorities they said they were hoof prints....Raindeer...??? I have the proof below...!!

Dang Sticky, every time I hear something about your airplane or see another pic or video, it makes me want a ride that much more! Coooooooool.

I know if someone ships you an unsolicited or ordered item with instructions that if you approve of it or like it, send them payment or ship it back otherwise, it is yours for free if you want it.

What if someone does install some new equipment in the wrong aircraft, and you happen to be the owner of that aircraft? Then what what do you do? Is it legally yours if you want to keep it?
Could you tell them that you do not want them messing with your aircraft trying to undo their mistake because you feel they are incompetent? Has this ever really happened?

John

Place a small writing desk, your airframe logbook, and a pen in the hangar this evening.

Wells

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back