SoCal Hospitality

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
This weekend I flew out to SoCal to pick up my daughter. Usually I go into Long Beach, but because of their $15 ramp fee at millionaire and the increasingly longer wait times for clearances, I chose to go into Fullerton KFUL. I have to say I was very impressed with this cute little airport. The controllers were about the friendliest I have met yet. While talking to ground, I asked to confirm the correct frequency for SoCal Approach, and the controller says, "why don't you tell me where your going and ill hook you up with a squawk and hand you off". Now I know most controllers will do this when you ask, but I don't recall a controller ever offering to do this for me.
Just wanted to say thanks to the fine folks at FUL and let everyone else know, If your flying into the SoCal (Long Beach, or Orange Co.) Area, Instead of the ever busy John Wayne or Long Beach airports, Give Fullerton a try. You too will be impressed with this friendly little airport.

Michael

Michael, glad to hear you enjoyed my old home town. While I am the first to admit that moving back home to Texas was always in our minds, while we worked in south Orange County (Irvine & Newport Beach), when it came time to actually buy a home, Fullerton won hands down.

Nice folks. I rarely miss California, but often miss Fullerton. Go figure.

And the airport was a real treat (even for a pilot wannabe, as I was back then).

Plus, you have Mr. Oslick out there.

It was FUL at which I first started taking lessons for my PPL, circa '75. I haven't been there in years.

I was just there and received the same treatment. I'd go back there in a heartbeat. Plus, we have Dr. Oslick and his lovely bride.

Judy

Back