SoCal has cool new fly-in dest. - Flying Tigers Aviation @ CNO

ActiveAir

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ActiveAir
Heard about it on another forum and finally stopped by today. Great people, and just about best prices on fuel in So Cal. It's called Flying Tigers Aviation and is patterned off of a Flying Tigers base from back in the day.

Cool memorabilia, convenience items (like an AM/PM) and cool shirts and caps, etc. Owner has Hollywood connections and occasionally has other star power types drop by.

Has various events planned for reasons to fly there and bring the family. It's a great concept and I will be a regular.

Definitely worth checking out. East side of tower. Quick and easy to get in and out, if you don't hang out (there are convenient tie downs if you do want to kill some time there).

Check it out...www.flyingtigersaviation.net

Hi Rick,
Thanks for this post.
Long time no see.
Are you flying much?

Hey Tony. Yeah, it's been a while. Hope you're well.

Been averaging about 120 hours a year or so. Some months better than others.
I'm actually headed to Topeka in a couple weeks. Unfortunately Southwest has such a good fare that I can't justify taking the Comanche. :(

Let me know when you are going to be in town if you have time we can meet up. I will run up there if I can. Its only 150 miles away.

I might even fly up with the Comanche.

PM me

Hey Tony. Yeah, it's been a while. Hope you're well.

Been averaging about 120 hours a year or so. Some months better than others.
I'm actually headed to Topeka in a couple weeks. Unfortunately Southwest has such a good fare that I can't justify taking the Comanche. :(

I went in the other week as well. I normally fuel up deep in the back at a self serve by the avionics shop at Chino, but it was out of order so had to taxi to Flying Tigers. I was very pleasantly surprised. Not only was it much cheaper, the owner was very nice and the fuel pumps/fuel payment system were the most modern ones I've seen! I'll fill up there from now on.

Back