So Frustrated...

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
So with the weather being crap last week and me being out of town this past weekend, I was really looking forward to getting a lot of flying in this week. I need to do 1.4 more hours of dual x-c training before I can do my solo x-c flights, and I was planning on getting that knocked out, oh right about now as I am writing this. Well, the only available instructor for tonight is a part-time guy who is also a corporate pilot. When I booked him, it was recommended that I call him to verify he would actually be available. I did, and everything was all set... until about 2:30p this afternoon when he calls me to tell me that he was called up for a last-minute trip tonight. Some rich guy's wife decided she HAD to have dinner in Dallas tonight, so he gets to fly the king air up there and wait around to get get back tonight at about 1AM. So, now PJ gets grounded tonight - on a day with absolutely gorgeous weather - instead of fulfilling his requirement because my bloody school doesn't have any instructors available. There are several frustrating things about this:

1) I'm at a point where I only need an instructor in the plane with me on this trip to help me look for traffic. I can plan and fly my route, and talk on the radio through the Class B without a problem.

2) They have lost 2 instructors in the past month - 1 to a corporate job, and another to go back to school in FL - and aren't having much luck finding more full-time people. I guess I can't be too upset about this since they are looking, but it's a factor in there isn't a time slot available on the schedule.

3) The weather is PERFECT for flying tonight! It's been crap for the past week and a half and now that it's beautiful, I can't fly!

The bright side, however, is that I am scheduled for a night flight later on, and my time with my CFI starts at 8pm although it doesn't start getting dark until 8:45 or 9:00pm. So, I'm hoping that if I can get there a bit early, he'll be able to go with me on the x-c before it gets dark and we start the night flying.

I realize that delays and unforeseen things should be expected in flight training, and I was able to reschedule my x-c with the same CFI for Thursday evening, but I'm just really frustrated at the moment and needed to vent. So, thanks for listening to me ***** for a while. Carry on with your normal lives :).

Okay, I feel better now, I just talked to my CFI and we're going to squeeze in the day x-c, then do our night flying. ::sigh of relief:: Now off to get a wx brief and play with my E-6B for a while :).

Back