Snow at KRUE

Graueradler

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Graueradler
Your northerners wont be impressed by this but we were.

Obviously no snow on the WACO but it was to pretty not to include it.

Attachments

• BuzzardsBench.jpg
    BuzzardsBench.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 20
  • TDTriPacerA.jpg
    TDTriPacerA.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 31
  • TD150A.jpg
    TD150A.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 31
  • WACO1.jpg
    WACO1.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 20
What do you put in your snow that makes it weigh down the tail of your planes?

Wow.. That's a lot of snow!!

The main difference between getting that much snow here (Iowa) vs. there (south of the Maxon-Dixon Line) is very visible in the pictures. Notice tons of snow on Mar 4. But by Mar 5, there is nothing but clear dry asphalt! If we get that much snow, it stays with us for days, weeks, or even months!

At least we dodged the bullet on that storm. Better you than me. ;)

What do you put in your snow that makes it weigh down the tail of your planes?

It's called MOISTURE. Something we haven't really dealt with since sometime around November. ;)

The main difference between getting that much snow here (Iowa) vs. there (south of the Maxon-Dixon Line) is very visible in the pictures. Notice tons of snow on Mar 4. But by Mar 5, there is nothing but clear dry asphalt! If we get that much snow, it stays with us for days, weeks, or even months!

Snow aside, or on top as the case may be...

I looked up "Maxon-Dixon Line" just to be sure...

Google kicked back:

Sign of a yankee? :D

I had the runway clear by 14:00 on the fourth just by driving back and forth up and down the runway to let the sun get to the asphalt and then spreading the snow/slush with the tractor front end loader to keep the max amount exposed to the sun. Nothing was plowed up into ridges or piles. It was a nice clear day with lots of sun the day after the big snow.

The snow that we had a couple of days later was much less but the 150 played tail dragger again. We also lost power to the south side of the field from 9 AM Friday until Saturday afternoon disabling the ASOS and NDB.

Snow aside, or on top as the case may be...

I looked up "Maxon-Dixon Line" just to be sure...

Google kicked back:

MASON DIXON LINE

Sign of a yankee? :D

Whoops.. Fat fingers..

Oh... and you shall PAY for that comment Mr. Kenny. They still haven't found the body of the last guy that called me a yankee!! ;)

Back