Snakes in a hallway

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
So, I got up get water from the breakroom, and Arnold was standing in the hallway pointing at the PTR room door. I looked, and sure enough, there was a snake sitting halfway out from under the door, head in the hallway. I thought it was a fake snake that someone put there as a joke, so I waved my foot over it. Nope, it's real!! Slithered it's little tongue!

Went and got Security. They call facilities on the NexTel walkie talkie.

"<beep> Facilities, we have a rattler in the PTR at the front of the building. <beep>"
"<beep> You have a WHAT?! <beep>"
"<beep> A rattlesnake! <beep>"
"<beep> Call ANIMAL CONTROL, NOT ME!<beep>".

Anyway, they came down with a wire hangar, a broom and a blue recycling can and got it... And released it safely to the wild. No mamma snake or other babies inside the room, that we could see... Unless they're under the raised floor, that is.

Anybody wanna come help me run some fiber in the DAL PTR?

The attached video is off my phone. I named the file .MOV so it would upload. You'll need to rename it to have a .3g2 extention; it will then be viewable if you have Quicktime installed on your PC. The jpg is the snake, in the can.

Attachments

• DALRATTLER.jpg
    DALRATTLER.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 40
  • DALRATTLER_VID.mov
    178.8 KB · Views: 12
bumper crop of snakes down here Troy, I see them every day. Had one in our building last week too, non-poisonous so we are pretty forgiving of their movements and just put him back outside.

Back