SmartDeck from L3

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
New glass from L3. I've been enamored by the new Evolution system, but this looks dang sharp, too, if you're willing to do a total panel re-work. No indication here if it's aftermarket or for manufacturers only; if so, they're gonna have a tough time breaking in past the Garmin G1000 and Avidyne foothold.

http://www.smartdeck.com/

Last edited:
I just read about it in Flying. It looks nice, but I think I'm still waiting for touch screen displays.

At this point, OEM only. Launch aircraft is likely to be the Cirrus jet.

The problem with doing this as an aftermarket is the cost of getting the STC would make the cost of the STC to the user prohibitive. And then there are the installation costs. A glass panel Avidyne retrofit into an old King Air runs 250K.

i saw a little of it in Flying as well. I was impressed with the display.

At this point, OEM only. Launch aircraft is likely to be the Cirrus jet.

The problem with doing this as an aftermarket is the cost of getting the STC would make the cost of the STC to the user prohibitive. And then there are the installation costs. A glass panel Avidyne retrofit into an old King Air runs 250K.

Bingo. Ya want glass in that old bird, the most cost-effective solution is Aspen. Even the G600, which was supposed to be a retrofit, is gonna be very expensive in comparison.

Back