Small plane crash at KFPR

Sad deal........:sad:..

From the article..."The pilot's body was found about 200 yards from where the plane crashed, the Sheriff's Office said."...

Hard to believe....:confused:

Yea, I don't understand how that could happen short of falling out if the plane was inverted, the WX was perfect.

The only possible way I see this - short of intentional - would be if he wasn't wear a seatbelt (!) and opened the door to keep it from jamming in a crash, and somehow fell out. Other than that, not a clue.

Hate to think an in flight fire got so bad he jumped out ...

RIP

Identified as a BD-22...that rules out the door theory. Maybe a failed chute?

Wouldn't be the first time.

RIP.

I retired from electrical linework and one of the things they tell you (people who have lived through it) is, that when the fire get's hot enough, you're going to move. It's involuntary.

Guys have jumped off poles and structures to their deaths from an electrical fire.

May he rest in peace,hope the find the reason ,he was not found in the cockpit.

May he rest in peace,hope the find the reason ,he was not found in the cockpit.
Yeah... The first article said he was found 600 feet away..... That is 2 football fields... He certainly didn't get throw that far from the wreckage from the impact....:no::no::confused:

Horrible. I was hoping "small plane crash" meant minor crash :(

"Upon crashing impact the plane exploded and there was one person onboard and that was the pilot," the sheriff said.
Probably didn't file a flight plan, either. Typical "no flight plan, engine was sputtering, exploded on impact" accident. :rolleyes2:

I retired from electrical linework and one of the things they tell you (people who have lived through it) is, that when the fire get's hot enough, you're going to move. It's involuntary.

Guys have jumped off poles and structures to their deaths from an electrical fire.

I would definitely jump rather than burn.

Back