Small generator for sale

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
I have owned this Yamaha EF1000is a couple of years to use with the camper, but the wife made me get air conditioning and so it no longer has the juice. I run it for a few minutes monthly. Clean inverter power so it won't harm electronics. Perfect condition mechanically and cosmetically.

Perfect for airplane use because it's only 28 pounds. And very, very quiet. Use it in your unpowered hangar to run a batter charger or some such. Great for OSH or other flyins because it'll run 14 hours on 0.66 gal of gas. Heck, you could charge people a couple of bucks to charge their cell phones and come out ahead! (See how I made this aviation related?)

For full specs: http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/products/modelhome/442/0/home.aspx

New $750, asking $450 plus shipping.

Won't the Yami's couple together like the Hondas to provide enough juice to run the a/c?

:dunno: I'd think if you could build a regulator then connect any given number of generators in parallel, it would work. But, to design and build it...

:dunno: I'd think if you could build a regulator then connect any given number of generators in parallel, it would work. But, to design and build it...
The Honda kit is something like $150, so I figure it has to be more than a few plugs, some wire and a box. The generators have in them smart circuitry that detects the load and adjusts the engine accordingly.

The Honda kit is something like $150, so I figure it has to be more than a few plugs, some wire and a box. The generators have in them smart circuitry that detects the load and adjusts the engine accordingly.

Yeah, and the Hondas of that size are like $1500.

I'm interested in the Yamaha I need to get a bigger one for the house, but I have two misisons i mind so this one would work well to power a preheater in my powerless old hangar.

I have owned this Yamaha EF1000is a couple of years to use with the camper, but the wife made me get air conditioning and so it no longer has the juice. I run it for a few minutes monthly. Clean inverter power so it won't harm electronics. Perfect condition mechanically and cosmetically.

Perfect for airplane use because it's only 28 pounds. And very, very quiet. Use it in your unpowered hangar to run a batter charger or some such. Great for OSH or other flyins because it'll run 14 hours on 0.66 gal of gas. Heck, you could charge people a couple of bucks to charge their cell phones and come out ahead! (See how I made this aviation related?)

For full specs: http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/products/modelhome/442/0/home.aspx

New $750, asking $450 plus shipping.

Ken, if it's about as quiet as a Honda, I'll take it. I need something I can easily carry and this looks like it's light enough for me.

Kent -

Don't be like my dad. Buy the plane, before you buy stuff to put in the plane. :D

Kent -

Don't be like my dad. Buy the plane, before you buy stuff to put in the plane. :D

Heh... Good plan.

However, I think if Garmin manages to come out with the 596 or whatever before I scrape all the Super Cub money together, I'll have some tough decidin' to do. Hmmmmmm. :dunno:

This is only practical with inverter generators like the one Ken has but for them, the generator's inverter has to already have support for paralleling or you'd need to redesign that part of the generator.

Back