(Slaughterville, OK) Mccaslin Breakfast Fly-in, Saturday June 30th

SteveR

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
SteveR
It has been way, way too long. Come early and beat the heat. Pancakes will be ready around 8:45 or 9 and will be served until people stop eating.

More information here:
http://www.wotelectronics.com/flyin/

YellaFellas.jpg

Swiftly.jpg

Piet-Cub.jpg

Dsc03074.jpg

Dsc02983.jpg

Pb180078.jpg

I'm in Austin for the summer or I'd be there for sure. I'll split gas with anyone else going from Austin though!

Fun little strip.

How long? Bo-able?

Hmmm. On a foolish day, no sweat at all. Hot, not so sure.

Hmmm. On a foolish day, no sweat at all. Hot, not so sure.

I'll tell you what...go ahead and fly it in, if you are unsure about leaving I'll store it for you until things cool off. I'll take good care of it. :)

All I can say is holy crap!
I grew up a couple miles from this area in Noble. I assume this landing strip is at the junction of highway going towards Lexington and slaughterville road.

Does the airstrip parallel 72nd street? If I'm right, a classmate named Todd Edgar was raised there by his grandfather who originally built the strip. Sadly I learned a few months ago Todd passed away in his mid 30's 9-10 years ago for unknown reasons. His grandfather flew out of this area when we were young in early 80's crashing his plane sometime I think which ended his flying.

Can someone give me a little more info on the fly in and it's history. I may be too late this year but would like to go down next year.

Yes, this is the strip you are thinking about, parallel to 72nd street. I never knew Todd, I moved here a few years after he died but his Grandmother told me stories about him. I know his brother fairly well, he is managing things at the airport.

This isn't really an annual fly-in...I started putting them together after I moved here. I keep my Pietenpol at O44. We intend to have another fly-in this September once it cools down a little. We've had good success with fly-ins, we have had up to 50 planes out there before. Send me a PM if you have any more questions!

I guess I contacted his brothers wife and discussed Todd's untimely death. He was good guy, oddly enough with the nickname "gumby"

I will keep checking, I would love to fly down there. A good way to show my son my old stomping grounds and fishing holes I would frequent growing up.

Thanks again, I look forward to it.

Jon

Back