Skyvector.com has world charts now

jasc15

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Joe
Just stumbled on this. I've always been curious to look at European and Canadian charts.

Edit:

I don't know how the hell you would navigate England's airspace without GPS. It's all straight lines and polygons, no natural features or DMEs.

Last edited:
Just stumbled on this. I've always been curious to look at European and Canadian charts.

Edit:

I don't know how the hell you would navigate England's airspace without GPS. It's all straight lines and polygons, no natural features or DMEs.
Nice! Very cool to "plan" a flight down the Baja peninsula.

And... the "World VFR" view stitches the US sectionals, allowing you to view an entire route without toggling between charts... kinda like Runwayfinder used to be. Dont anyone tell FlightPrep!

i see they are showing TFR's and other stuff too. hopefully soon you'll be able to draw circles.

i see they are showing TFR's and other stuff too. hopefully soon you'll be able to draw circles.

Really annoying for us DC folks who know all about the SFRA already...though otherwise very nice!

Attachments

• sfra.PNG
    sfra.PNG
    4.7 MB · Views: 19
click "Layers" in the top right and de-select TFRs

For anyone who doesn't like SUA airspace grabs in the US, just take a look at the eastern 1/3 of France :hairraise:

Very nice website and pretty useful features...

The actual VFR maps ( sectionals ) of Europe / Cyprus / Israel, etc. are not displayed.

But still quite impressive.

Back