Skyline Aviation - San Angelo, TX

Nope! I've been to Ranger at KSJT, but not Skyline. Ranger provides great service, if that's what you're wondering. Stopped there to get a patient enroute to Houston for an Angel Flight. I flew down in a Cherokee Six:

ksjtramp.jpg

I had the same experience with Ranger as Troy. I also dropped an AF passenger there who was traveling to Houston. Nice folks. I got weathered down there and they took me to town for a motel, and picked me up the next morning. No Charge! They let me use their beater Caddy to run to town for lunch when I thought I might make it out by waiting a while for TS to pass, but it was not to be. I have used them on several occasions when doing AF missions. They also gave fuel discounts:)

What are you wanting to know? They do have self-serve fuel, usually a fair bit less than Ranger.

Started by a flight instructor and his dad in the late 90's. I was taking lessons with the flight instructor at the time. He wanted a flight school, so he got one (via his dad). Put the other flight school out of business. He wanted a Citation, so he got one (via his dad). They painted the 152's that they bought from the old flight school with the same paint scheme and gave them different tail numbers so you couldn't call them the Buzzard and the Garbage Can anymore. Those two 152's have been on the field for over 30 years now I think. One of my high school teachers had told me he learned to fly in them a long long time ago.

For awhile they were acting as aircraft brokers, which was annoying for students as you'd get an aircraft online for about a month and then it'd get sold, and you'd have to get used to a different one.

From reading comments on Airnav, I'm not sure the son is still there. Sounds like the Dad has taken over. He's a nice guy. Used to be a car dealer too.

Last edited:
Back