Sky Bryce Fly-In (DC-MD-VA-WV-PA pilots) this sat

AirDC

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew
March 10, 2012
WinterFest Fly-In will be held at Sky Bryce Airport (VG-18) and Bryce Resort from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. There will be music, food, pond-skimming, and a lot of other activities. For more info contact Kevin Brennan at skybryceflyingclub@gmail.com

I am headed over with a couple friends in the flying club in our 172 from GAI. I don't know much about it but I'm sure we'll have fun. If you are looking for something to do, come join us.

They sent us this info:

The Bryce Resort is well-known to pilots for excellent food in the Copper Kettle (casual dining and sports on the TVs) and in the Restaurant at Bryce (more formal, but coats and ties are optional). Many pilots fly-in here for the first-rate buffet on Sundays, and for the famous Bryce Burger all other days of the week. There is is write-up in the 100 Dollar Hamburger, if you know that publication/website. For WinterFest, there will also be a slope-side BBQ for those who prefer outside dining, and to watch the skiiers and snowboarders in costumes attempt to skim across a pond of water (most of them will get dunked, to great hilarity, so bring your camera). There will be live music and/or a disc jockey on the deck next to the slopes throughout the day. *You may learn more by going to*www.BryceResort.com*or you may give me a call for further details you might need.

Pattern altitude is 2400 feet, left turns. 2240 feet usable runway, so go-'round if you have not touched-down in the first third of the runway. Field elevation is 1263 feet. We monitor 122.8 and volunteers will be available during WinterFest for transport to the lodge (although it is a short and easy walk) and any other assistance that may be needed. *

If this is your first time flying into Sky Bryce (VG-18) you'll be descending into a valley over a golf course with trees and houses on both sides. Most of us tend to come in high and hot in such a situation, so maintain a 500 fpm powered descent, half flaps (20 degrees on a C-172)*and add full flaps when you have the field "made". Don't hesitate to go-round if you are hot and high; the airport will still be there for your second attempt.

Last edited:
Back