site analytics

N801BH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
FBH
I am computer dumb and need some feedback...

For the least few years I had Go Daddy host my haaspowerair.com website... I just renewed and with that package they had been selling me a site analytics thing a ma bob... It was ok and after a year or so I finally figured out how to retrieve most of the available data from it.. The simple stuff like # of hits, time of day, page views time on site were easy to figure out. In the last few months I stumbled on how to click on the cities the hits came from and it would give IP adresses and ISP ID's.....

Well, This week Go Daddy ditched that service and I was told to find another provider of that..... So I picked Google's site analytics thingie.... it is ok, but no where as inclusive as the old one. Of coure the google one is free and the old one was 20 bucks a year........

I am looking for feedback on which one out there has the best features for the best price....

Thanks in advance...

ps... don't get to overboard with all the techie terms as I get confused REAL easy and I will just end up PM'ing Nate so he can set me straight on the definitions..:confused:

Currently switching our production site off Google and on to Piwik. Looks like it has all of the normal analytics, pretty graphs and reports, just without the Adwords integration. But Piwik requires your own (my/Postgres/etc)SQL server along with the usual configuration and setup. Google is a chunk of code on every web page and a quick ident, and you are done. Or, you can haul out a few bags of cash and have the full SiteCatalyst experience.

Currently switching our production site off Google and on to Piwik. Looks like it has all of the normal analytics, pretty graphs and reports, just without the Adwords integration. But Piwik requires your own (my/Postgres/etc)SQL server along with the usual configuration and setup. Google is a chunk of code on every web page and a quick ident, and you are done. Or, you can haul out a few bags of cash and have the full SiteCatalyst experience.

Thanks... I looked at that product and it appears to be better then the Google one... I will see if I can install it over the top of the existing one.. With the Google item I will have to remove the code line on each page of the website. not a biggie...

Back