Signs That the United States is About to Bomb Iran

Sonar5

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Sonar5
Ok, this one cracked me up, big time.....

I have a friend who works deep in the basement at the pent, so now I have to email him about the pizza's in #7, although due to national security, he may not be able to tell me, unless I am paying the delivery fee.. :D

I also Drive by March almost every day. I really am good at driving 80 in the left lane watching C-17's turn base to final... Really I am...

The day I see the Tankers gone, I won't be saying a word, I'll just smile, and then say a prayer for those in harms way.

March is pretty cool, great museum, especially if you like P-38's, and a good mix of Transient C-5's, C-17's, and Tankers, plus the local F-16's that are there. Same friend in the pent used to run the Army reserve Command there. (Sons are in Scouts together, and played football together as well)

Anyway, watch for the signs folks... IMHO, It's a matter of when, not if. Open to debate is if we are a leading role or support role only.

#8 is funny too... No cell service... :goofy:

Regards,
Joe
aka Sonar5

http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/topten/articles/20060222.aspx
Signs That the United States is About to Bomb Iran

Before any major military operation, there are always tell tale signs. With all the talk about Israel or the United States bombing Iran's nuclear weapons program, it would be wise to check for the signs before taking the pundit prattle too seriously.

1. – The U.S. Navy stages a "surge exercise" and moves six carrier battle groups into the Indian Ocean.

2. – A "regularly scheduled exercise" moves Patriot Missile Batteies to Iraq, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. These exercises happen from time to time, but if they happen when other things are happening…

3. -- Movement of B-52 and B1B bombers to the island of Diego Garcia (in the Indian Ocean).

4. -- Deployment of F117 stealth bombers and F-22 fighters to anywhere in the Persian Gulf.

5. -- Deployment of B-2 Stealth Bombers to Guam, where there are special facilities for maintaining these aircraft.

6. -- Lockdown of Whitman Air Force Base (where most B-2 bombers are stationed) in Missouri.

7. -- Increased delivery of Pizza to Pentagon

8. –Sudden loss of cell service near some air force bases (from which heavy bombers would depart). At the same time, there would be sightings of Middle Eastern looking guys around these bases, trying to get their cell phones to work, while being observed by what appears to be FBI agents.

9. Deployment of KC-135/KC-10 aerial tankers to Diego Garcia, Guam and the Persian Gulf.

10. America asks nations neighboring Iran for basing and over flight rights.

These warning signs are no secret, and intelligence officers regularly run down their check lists. As a result, nations will sometimes stage a false alert by deliberately performing many of the items on someone's check list, with no intention of following through.

Sonar5 said:
As a result, nations will sometimes stage a false alert by deliberately performing many of the items on someone's check list, with no intention of following through.

I just wonder how many nations wet themselves when they hear that Papa Johns is delivering to the Pentagon.... ;)

I would think the mx at Diego would be a supreme headache. The salinity of that ocean is quite high. I also think the heavies prefer the 20 hour flights from CONUS.

F117 stealth bombers
UURGHHH it is the F-117 Stealth FIGHTER not bomber. It's a nit but I have to pic it, stupid newsguys keep repeating it as the stealth bomber, that is the "B2 you knuckleheads (throws a shoe across the room at the TV) "

I have seen this list before, even during the cold war. Some of it very true (but not that F117 stealth bomber bit :vomit:)

smigaldi said:
UURGHHH it is the F-117 Stealth FIGHTER not bomber. It's a nit but I have to pic it, stupid newsguys keep repeating it as the stealth bomber, that is the "B2 you knuckleheads (throws a shoe across the room at the TV) "

I have seen this list before, even during the cold war. Some of it very true (but not that F117 stealth bomber bit :vomit:)

Wouldn't "Attack" be closer to it's actual mission? It never was designed to "fight" was it?

Frank Browne said:
Wouldn't "Attack" be closer to it's actual mission? It never was designed to "fight" was it?

Very true. Maybe even 'Sneak Attack' which is what it was designed for and very good at.

BTW are the new fighters that are coming on line more stealthy than the F117? I heard that may be the case. The F117 is using stealth technology from 30 years ago.

I'll keep a lookout.

I live about 60mi west of Whiteman AFB, home of the B2.

I remember back in fall 2001, when the skies were quiet. Anytime I heard an aircraft, of any type, I'd go out to see what it was. I watched a pair of F16s burning holes in the sky for a while one afernoon. But the thing that really sunk in was when I was out in the yard watching the B2s pass overhead, heading west. I knew it was just a matter of time before somebody began having a bad day.

Matthew said:
I live about 60mi west of Whiteman AFB, home of the B2.
I think you should have called it the "B2 Fighter" just to see Scott's head explode :)
:goofy::rofl::goofy::rofl::goofy:

smigaldi said:
Very true. Maybe even 'Sneak Attack' which is what it was designed for and very good at.

BTW are the new fighters that are coming on line more stealthy than the F117? I heard that may be the case. The F117 is using stealth technology from 30 years ago.

I have not read anything other than a criptic "allegedly stealthier than" type descriptions of the F-22 Raptor and the JSF. I would be surprised if the newest generation of fighter/attack aircraft were not substantially more stealthy than the older F-117. :)

smigaldi said:

Oh, I don't know Scott, every time I hear about them they're bombing something, and not really fighting their way back from anyone.

I mean, it carries bombs and then it drops them on things. But if we want to get technical, it is also known as the F-117A NIGHTHAWK STEALTH FIGHTER ATTACK AIRCRAFT.

But hey, if you want to buy a new TV I might have an extra lying around the house. :rofl:

Last edited:
Frank Browne said:
I have not read anything other than a criptic "allegedly stealthier than" type descriptions of the F-22 Raptor and the JSF. I would be surprised if the newest generation of fighter/attack aircraft were not substantially more stealthy than the older F-117. :)

I got to play on the JSF Sims at Lockheed Martin last year. I even have a JSF key fob (whoop whoop).

smigaldi said:

While in titled designation you are correct, in application it is an attack bomber and strike aircraft. Typically the F & older P designations are for air to air rolls. I think the F designation isn't used very correctly, I thought they should be designated A for attack, or better yet SA for sneak attack.

I watched a show on the design and testing of the F117 on the discovery channel. One of the A/F brass said that they had to designate it as a fighter to get the type of pilots there were looking for to want to fly it. They didn't think any would have volunteered to fly a bomber or it would have correctly gotten the B designation. ;) I got a little chucle out of this.

woodstock said:
I got to play on the JSF Sims at Lockheed Martin last year. I even have a JSF key fob (whoop whoop).

Cool! The Sunday after Hurricane Hugo came ashore, (Sept 24, 1989) my brother got me into the P-3 Orion sim at Jax NAS. We flew it from 7:30am until 1:30 pm. It was great! Easy to takeoff but not quite as easy to land. It flies with the trim wheels instead of the yoke.

inav8r said:
I watched a show on the design and testing of the F117 on the discovery channel. One of the A/F brass said that they had to designate it as a fighter to get the type of pilots there were looking for to want to fly it. They didn't think any would have volunteered to fly a bomber or it would have correctly gotten the B designation. ;) I got a little chucle out of this.

What type do they want? Morons? Who would want to be in that plane doing air to air combat? Pass on that thanks. There is a reason their mission profiles are all about evading detection. It's a very good aircraft for the missions it flies, but I'd never look at that plane to daylight dogfight in. They might not get missle lock but the guns don't need it. That's why fighter interceptors are are usually on station nearby to intercept anyone heading towards the 117s.

Henning said:
What type do they want? Morons? Who would want to be in that plane doing air to air combat? Pass on that thanks. There is a reason their mission profiles are all about evading detection. It's a very good aircraft for the missions it flies, but I'd never look at that plane to daylight dogfight in. They might not get missle lock but the guns don't need it. That's why fighter interceptors are are usually on station nearby to intercept anyone heading towards the 117s.

Didn't they want the studjock 'I-can-fly-anything' fighter pilot types because way back when, before they tweaked the computer/fly-by-wire, it was a real b____ to fly, ...maybe impossible?

Dave Krall CFII said:
Didn't they want the studjock 'I-can-fly-anything' fighter pilot types because way back when, before they tweaked the computer/fly-by-wire, it was a real b____ to fly, ...maybe impossible?

They worked all that stuff out during the Pave Blue phase of the project. IIRC, it has always been FBW.

Back