Sightseeing request?

A

Aaron3178

So this will be my first flight as a private pilot with a passenger, and we were planning on doing some sightseeing of San Francisco. I was wondering if there was any special way of requesting this through Travis.

Thanks

so I just went, turns out I just requested Bay Tour when getting takeoff clearance and they sent me over to Norcal once I got clear of their airspace. Norcal kept be below the Bravo Airspace over the bay until I turned back.

Really cool tour though.

Hooo-eee! I thought it was a challenge to fly thru NYC airspace; but it appears y'all have a whole different world out there on the left coast. I hope I get a chance to do that Bay tour someday.

Hooo-eee! I thought it was a challenge to fly thru NYC airspace; but it appears y'all have a whole different world out there on the left coast. I hope I get a chance to do that Bay tour someday.

There is a lot of airspace there, and I was going to suggest that the OP do the ride elsewhere, or do the Bay Tour solo, first. First pax brings with it some extra distractions. But, it sounds like he did OK. I'm sure that learning to fly in that area helps as well.

I first did the Bay Tour (at several hundred hours and with many 1st-time pax flown) with Will Hawkins aboard. Glad I did - I don't know where the heck "the 101" is to remain west of it!

I gave many Bay Area tours as a very new private pilot but then I learned out there. :)

Back