Sights to see: Bonners Ferry to McCall, Idaho

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Wannabeaviator
This summer, going for some remedial training as I picked up some bad habits and being too complacent. All this, because of flying low and slow, farmers fields (say cows), non-towered environment and the likes. 150 hp Citabria.

Any advise on places to see, maybe camp, side trips etc.
(The journey, not the destination!)

Appreciated.

That ought to be an interesting trip if you direct. You might have 45 seconds or so not over hostile terrain. You have a route planned?

check out Elk River ID85. The town specializes in Huckleberries. Huckleberry pie, ice cream, chap stick, candles, huckleberry anything. Town is across the street from the grass strip. Pretty area. Real small town, it is about 2 blocks long and 2 blocks deep.

That ought to be an interesting trip if you direct. You might have 45 seconds or so not over hostile terrain. You have a route planned?
"IFR", call me chicken, I am OK with that. Likely Bonners to Moscow/Pullman, pit stop in Grangerville and then on to Slate Creek, New Meadows, McCall. Lewiston looks like a lush place next to the river, but wonder how hot (DA) it is going to be and to climb back onto the plateau towards Cottonville.

Jeanie, training with Mr Stowell. I hope he knows how to straighten out a midtime(-life) brain.

One short. Check out Elk River ID85. Google: town is 5 x 5 blocks big:D. On the way back perhaps. Thanks for the suggestion.

I flew with Rich last summer. He can help you with a lot of things. Are you going for the EMT course?

While in McCall, jump over to Johnson Creek.

Pay the little fee for the courtesy car and drive into town for breakfast or lunch. Or, save the money, and just hitch hike both directions.

+1 for Johnson Creek, neat place and one of the easiest back country strips to get in and out of. Follow the canyon to Yellow Pine and turn right, you can't miss it.

johnson_creek.jpg

Last edited:
Back