Shut Down ALL Airplane Flying... But, Keep Driving!

K

KennyFlys

In order to protect every life possible, we must cease all flight activities and return to strictly ground travel. Obviously, this is the only solution!

This is one of those wonderful uses of our tax dollars:

Civil Aviation
06:02 pm - Thursday
321 US citizens killed every year due to aviation emissions

Montréal, Canada - These are the preliminary results of a study conducted by Massachusetts Institute of Technology

(WAPA) - Yesterday, on the occasion of the "ICAO Colloquium on Aviation Emissions" (see AVIONEWS), Ian A. Waitz, a professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), illustrated the alarming results of an ongoing study conducted by the institute itself.

According to the first available data, the pollution caused by aviation emissions seems to cause the death of 321 US citizens, with bronchitis affliction for other 129, for a total US government expense equal to USD 1.8 billion.​

Waitz moreover evidenced that the emissions generated by ground vehicles cause 26,500 deaths per year, representing a remarkable more dangerous cause of premature deaths.
(Avionews)​

You're right, SHUT IT DOWN!

And with of the kerosene and 100LL AvGas (FULL OF LEAD! AND NOBODY IS GOING TO JAIL OVER THAT!!!???) saved we can save enough to cover what is used to fill the SUVs of the U.S....on a given Wednesday morning....between 8:30 and 9:15 AM local time.

If one dies from respritory illness how can they tell it was caused from airplane emmissions, car emmissions, second hand cigarette smoke, or whatever else is the scare-of-the-week? I think MIT should stick to technology and leave medicine up to the doctors.

for a total US government expense equal to USD 1.8 billion.
If this were true, (and I'm skeptical that it is) this should read taxpayer expense. Everyone knows the govt doesn't have any money except what it takes from taxpayers.

If one dies from respiratory illness how can they tell it was caused from airplane emissions, car emissions, second hand cigarette smoke, or whatever else is the scare-of-the-week? I think MIT should stick to technology and leave medicine up to the doctors.
I don't want to risk sending this to the spin zone. I posted here so it would be exposed to more pilots. I wanted folks to see some of the junk spread around. These are minuscule numbers and they do nothing but attempt to blacken aviation, particularly GA.

If this were true, (and I'm skeptical that it is) this should read taxpayer expense. Everyone knows the govt doesn't have any money except what it takes from taxpayers.
I cannot comprehend any possible benefit from this information. Now, were it part of a study regarding those who suffer from respiratory diseases, it might yield something worthwhile. But, by all indications the aviation sector was singled out. There are about a half-million certificated pilots in this country. Our wonderful congress just paid $1.8 billion to determine that just over three hundred peopled died from our actions. I'm really surprised there isn't the "non-pilot" factor thrown in like the issue of second-hand smoke.

I'd bet if that money was spent on any number of other options, these deaths could easily be offset these deaths by ten if not a hundred fold.

Let's start by outlawing handheld cell phone use on the highways. I might even live longer myself so I may contribute to other losses during my flying. :rolleyes:

Back