Should I leave this out of my 3rd Class FAA Medical Form?

I am the OP.

And I now have my medical in hand!

The AME said to me (after returning from a call with his supervisor) "Wow, you really owe your doc. That letter was just... unbelievably helpful! I wonder if he's a pilot? That letter was EXACTLY what we needed."
Hmmm. lemme see here. Was I a pilot....?
Dr. Bruce, thank you!
And thank you to everyone else who offered advice and help.

I'll go fly now.
And that's the whole point :)

If you care to share, would you PM me or email me the name of the AME :) use ***** without any of the spaces :)

I'm always trying to connect to other AMEs :)

Last edited:
I want to thank Dr. Bruce for this one, on behalf of POA and GA ... another success story.

And to the OP, thanks for posting the successful outcome as well! Congrats!

I have the distinct feeling I would have been deferred without the help of Dr. Bruce and PoA. I can't thank you all enough. :)

Hmmm. lemme see here. Was I a pilot....?
And that's the whole point :)

If you care to share, would you PM me or email me the name of the AME :) use *** :)

I'm always trying to connect to other AMEs :)

Of course I will. I'll email you in a couple minutes. Thank you, again. I'm close to soloing and the prospect of waiting several weeks on a deferral was really bumming me out.

I'm very happy to have stumbled upon this community and will be getting involved I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
You da man Bruce, OP, enjoy flying and remember the debt you owe and pass it on when you see the opportunity. Pilots for the most part are a decent breed.

You da man Bruce, OP, enjoy flying and remember the debt you owe and pass it on when you see the opportunity. Pilots for the most part are a decent breed.

I agree, Dr Bruce is definitely the man to go to! :yes:

In my A&P school, I have an old retired airline pilot as a teacher (obviously also an A&P mechanic), and he once said "When you get to the top of that mountain, take about 5 minutes to look around, then turn around and help pull the next person up". I thought it was great advice and definitely matches what you said.

I know this is an old thread, but I am missing something...So the FAA can get access to your diagnosis codes through your medical insurance? How? I would think HIPAA would not allow that?

I know this is an old thread, but I am missing something...So the FAA can get access to your diagnosis codes through your medical insurance? How? I would think HIPAA would not allow that?

For better or worse, you would think incorrectly. Especially in the event of an incident or accident, that information will be accessible to FAA and NTSB.

Rich

you sign away on it when you take your medical. And after all it's the federal government -trust me they will find anything you hide if they want to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back