Shot up helicopter explodes during autorotation

MSPAviator

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
MSPAviator
This is in Syria. A Mi-17 helicopter looks like it is damaged and is in what looks like a controlled, rapid spiraling descent when it explodes. The helicopter is under fire the whole time from small arms.

I feel a little sorry for the pilots.

:yikes:

Don't feel sorry, the pilots were engaged in trying to kill also.

It's just a civil war and will kill a few tens of thousands and then one side or the other gets to rob the treasury for a generation or two and then they do it all over again.

We had our civil war, but being this is America we did it best - we had 775,000 casualties - and the Federal Government won the right to keep the money.

Don't feel sorry, the pilots were engaged in trying to kill also.

It's just a civil war and will kill a few tens of thousands and then one side or the other gets to rob the treasury for a generation or two and then they do it all over again.

We had our civil war, but being this is America we did it best - we had 775,000 casualties - and the Federal Government won the right to keep the money.

Let's hope they can out do us. ;)

This is in Syria. A Mi-17 helicopter looks like it is damaged and is in what looks like a controlled, rapid spiraling descent

Just a guess based on the few, (6000+), hours I managed to scrape together in helicopters, but IMHO in no way shape or form that machine was under control.

Just a guess based on the few, (6000+), hours I managed to scrape together in helicopters, but IMHO in no way shape or form that machine was under control.

Oh come on now - is it that hard for you to admit that guy was just a better pilot than you? :D

I'm no helo pilot but I agree, that sure didn't look controlled to me. The smoke ring also looks suspiciously like high explosive onboard was detonated, like maybe a missile went off on the hardpoint after being struck by gunfire or electrical malfunction.

Last edited:
Back