short term Zyrtec usage

\__[Ô]__/

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
david
My doctor wants me to take Zyrtec for a a couple weeks prior to a vacination in order to minimize the chance of an adverse reaction. If I understand correctly, I'm grounded while I'm taking it and for 5 days after the last dose.

Am I right that there are no long term affects on my flying from this and that I don't have to report this on a medical? So if I don't need to fly during the time I'd be taking the medication, is there any reason I'd be better off using one of the FAA blessed meds instead?

David, you will report on your next medical (1) no zyrtec, and (2) That you took it daes __/__/__ to __/__/__ and self grounded during this period.

Zyrtec might be slightly better than Allegra for "outdoor" allergies.

Claritin (Loratadine), Clarinex (Desloratadine) and Allegra (Fexofenadine) are acceptable to the FAA provided no negative side effects are experienced.

Zyrtec is now over the counter. I am taking it for a head cold, and don't feel impaired to fly or drive at all. Am I loopie and don't know it? Could be! ;)

I feel better than I have in days!

Zyrtec is now over the counter. I am taking it for a head cold, and don't feel impaired to fly or drive at all. Am I loopie and don't know it? Could be! ;)

The information I find on Zyrtec says common side effects include drowsiness, fatigue, dizziness -- bad things when acting as PIC. Also, AOPA's database says "48 hour wait before flying, maximum use twice weekly."

So yes, I think you're "loopie and don't know it".

It just came OTC in Nebraska? It has been OTC at least 7-8 years in Kentucky...

The information I find on Zyrtec says common side effects include drowsiness, fatigue, dizziness -- bad things when acting as PIC. Also, AOPA's database says "48 hour wait before flying, maximum use twice weekly."

So yes, I think you're "loopie and don't know it".

Must be! How the hell can I tell? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back