short field .com

They need more info on M10 (its listed under the old ID, too, Q04)

Nick, are you SURE you're not getting this plane paid for by Dr. Pepper??? :D

out.jpg

Hi all,
Yeah, that Indian Creek video is from a 182 that a friend was flying.

Thanks for checking out my website, and if you like it, please consider becoming a registered user and contributing words/photos/video/PIREPs for your favorite strip. If you want to add an "uncharted" strip, or make edits to existing strips - just email me.

Take care,
Chris
shortfield.com

Cool site. I'm not sure how McCall made the list though? I spent 4 days at S92 last summer. Approaches don't get more beautiful, and/or, unforgiving than at Fish Lake. We flew in and out several times in a friends Stinson. It's an amazing place. They allow no motorized anything, other than airplanes. They don't even allow mountain bikes in there because they damage the terrain. The only way to get there is to hike, horseback ride, or fly. Even the rangers hike, or are flown, in and out. The mule deer walk up within 20 feet of you to see what your doing. A great little steam runs parallel the campsites that will keep your beer cold even in June. :) There are a lot of Moose in Fish Lake, not so many fish though. At least we didn't catch any. Im sure the fishing could have been better, but those silly pilots wouldn't even entertain my idea to strap a canoe to the top of the plane. :dunno: ;) I even offered to wait in Missoula while they took the canoe in,............ to uh........... alleviate any, uh...... CG issues. :D

Yeah, McCall isn't a short field and it's not backcountry, but it is the gateway for a lot of Idaho's backcountry strips. The site isn't intended to be just about super short or tricky landings, the real focus is flying into fun strips and airplane camping. I just want to provide a place where pilots can get airport information that isn't provided by the FAA or static charts and directories. That being said, if anyone has any information about ANY fun or camping-freindly airstrips, consider becoming a registered user and start sharing your thoughts. For instance, the last post by N6399A had some great information about Fish Lake...that I'd love to see added to the airport description/wiki.

Happy landings,
Chris
shortfield.com

Back