Shooting @ LAX

No Joy

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
No Joy
Last edited:
Yes and they'll be calling for even more restrictive gun laws after this.

Yes and they'll be calling for even more restrictive gun laws after this.
Thanks for letting us know that you are a victim, too. So sorry for your loss. Also, sorry for the other, more immediate victims of this tragedy.

I see a call coming for Israeli style security with the checkpoints well before the terminal. :mad2: Plus no weapons within or on ANY aircraft, airport and transportation center. :mad2:

Freaking Knee Jerk reactions

Don't get me wrong I feel sorry for those harmed

/rant on

Where did some of you get your idea of civility? Why can't there be a discussion here without insults and offensive comments?

We've lost some valuable contributors to this board over the last few months due to confrontational and offensive missives directed toward them. Even if it doesn't rise to the level of personal attack, I just simply don't understand why we 1) can't be civil towards others, and 2) why we can't show respect for opinions of others. It gets really tiring.

There was loss of life in the event today - why can't we show some respect & sorrow for the deceased? You may not be happy with the policies that are imposed on the workers in the field, but you certainly ought to respect their courage for taking the job.

Let's knock off the attacks, insults, and name calling.

/rant off

Apparently he was targeting the TSA....

And with that, I keep my mouth shut.

Another example of poor judgement. I wonder who taught him?

This is all BS propaganda, how could there possibly be a shooting in California with all of our well thought out gun restrictions and laws, and in one of our gun free zones to boot?

I can only attribute these out and out lies to Diane Feinstein and her cronies so that they can push through even more anti gun laws for the only purpose of getting voter attention.

It was all staged in a Hollywood studio.

-John

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family's involved.

If the victims are TSA molesters shouldn't we be rejoicing?

If the victims are TSA molesters shouldn't we be rejoicing?

No, we should not be rejoicing. These are humans doing an unpopular and controversial job. That's far from a capital offense.

No, we should not be rejoicing. These are humans doing an unpopular and controversial job. That's far from a capital offense.

My apologies, I now understand they were just following orders.

The images of the "Transportation Security" Team running for their lives...speak volumes.

I have always felt that when I was in the "crib" waiting, that I was actually in a killing field. Secure, it ain't. It's all for show.

The images of the "Transportation Security" Team running for their lives...speak volumes.

I have always felt that when I was in the "crib" waiting, that I was actually in a killing field. Secure, it ain't. It's all for show.

Yea, and the first TSA agent "killed in the line of duty" as reported by CNN. Putting them at the same level as military/police/firefighter is sickening.

I find it strange that the shooting was inside a building, in a relatively small area, but they locked down several square miles, closed major thoroughfares, made people walk to distant points for pickup, etc.

I find it strange that the shooting was inside a building, in a relatively small area, but they locked down several square miles, closed major thoroughfares, made people walk to distant points for pickup, etc.

I heard they cancelled all the flights as well.

I hate that even one person was killed, but the fact is he probably would have killed even more if someone else with a gun was not present.

Last edited:

A friend arriving from Australia was held in the standing room only International terminal for five hours. He was then routed through Dallas to get to DEN and won't arrive for another hour. Note it's 9:15 AM the next day.

Ridiculous!! I am surprised they didn't have a nationwide ground stop too. All so the soccer mom with 20 kids in her minivan feels like the government is protecting her.

Ridiculous!! I am surprised they didn't have a nationwide ground stop too. All so the soccer mom with 20 kids in her minivan feels like the government is protecting her.

I am flying today. The ripples of this are still being felt with packed flights and delays due to equipment that has to be repositioned.

Not a big friend of the TSA as an agency, doesn't change that I am sorry for the loss of the screener, no different if he was employed by the airline or LAX. What this event demonstrated is that our airports are still vulnerable to a commando style attack. 2-3 semi-retired city cops with their glocks per terminal are not going to stop a determined group of attackers. The only time our airports were somewhat protected was in early 2002 when I used to fly out of Hartford and the CT national guard had checkpoints on the terminal access road and a presence on the curb and in the terminal.

The softest target I can think of in the DC area is the underground bunker they built for the TSA checkpoint at Dulles. On a busy friday afternoon, you have 2000 people crammed into the thing with a gallery on top that is accessible to anyone with something that looks like a boarding pass.

Yea, and the first TSA agent "killed in the line of duty" as reported by CNN. Putting them at the same level as military/police/firefighter is sickening.

Seems they would be a bit more of a natural target than a regular joe.

IDGF if he was a nice guy he was doing dirty work. Now he is in hell where he belongs.:lol:

That's a remarkably similar remark to what the shooter texted his relatives. Maybe you guys are cast from the same brave mold ? Did you have an incident where the TSA made you feel small and hurt ?

That's a remarkably similar remark to what the shooter texted his relatives. Maybe you guys are cast from the same brave mold ? Did you have an incident where the TSA made you feel small and hurt ?

I dont think those instances are limited to encounters with the TSA.

TSA Union calls for armed guards at every checkpoint:

http://m.slashdot.org/story/193837

Guess they decided their members are targets.

They would be better off with body armor and behavioral profiling. If they are going to go armed the need to spend time and money on weapons retention training and retention holsters.

Jim

They would be better off with body armor and behavioral profiling. If they are going to go armed the need to spend time and money on weapons retention training and retention holsters.

The Union isn't asking for the TSA agents to be armed. They're asking for real LE with arms to be mandated at all checkpoints.

Considering that there was long a requirement of armed cops at each checkpoint, such a requirement would not be a big deal.

When was this? I've found no mandate for it in law anywhere.

Was it a knee-jerk after 9/11?

They want to arm TSA now . . .

If the liberals are being consistent, shouldn't be training the TSA to lock the doors and throw books at the attacker?

Isn't that what happens in the mall and at schools and in 'gun-free' zones? Isn't the airport a gun free zone? Shouldn't we be perfectly safe there?

So the response of the government to a gun threat is? Men with guns. F'ing A.

Yup. The TSA wants guns to protect themselves not the traveling public err peasants.
They want to arm TSA now . . .

If the liberals are being consistent, shouldn't be training the TSA to lock the doors and throw books at the attacker?

Isn't that what happens in the mall and at schools and in 'gun-free' zones? Isn't the airport a gun free zone? Shouldn't we be perfectly safe there?

So the response of the government to a gun threat is? Men with guns. F'ing A.

You **** enough people off for long enough and eventually someone is going to shoot you.

When was this? I've found no mandate for it in law anywhere.

Was it a knee-jerk after 9/11?

I believe it was a TSA requirement. For any number of years, there has been a police officer stationed behind the checkpoint. That was removed at some time in the past in the belief that having the cop on patrol would be better use of resources.

Back