Sheesh, you gotta love the airlines...

etsisk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iYiYi
So, I'm wanting to go from RDU to Dallas. I like the threads about ol' southwest, so I go onto their website to check out the deal - yep, they have a couple of flights from RDU to Dallas - don't know if the carrier is airtran (doesn't seem to be Southwest, in any case, but some affiliate).

But the flights have one stop - between Raleigh NC and Dallas TX. That stop is MIDWAY AIRPORT IN FREAKING CHICAGO.

Now, how much damn sense does that make????? :dunno:

You can tell I don't do much airline flying ... :no:
And I like it like that. :yes:

Sheesh.

Welcome to the inane hub-and-spoke system they have created that is the direct cause of the "gridlock" at some airports that the FAA complains so much about.

Southwest has a code-share with ATA, I think. Most of SWA's route system is based on point-point.

AA hubs at both RDU and DFW, and as far as I know, AA is the only non-stop service between those cities - meaning if you fly direct on them, you'll pay out the nose.

Tom- on Thursday, I get to go from Boston to Omaha via Houston on Continental. In other words, I hear what you're saying.

Oh come on Tom. You don't get the FULL airport experience unless you have at least 1 layover way out of your way. :rofl:

But the flights have one stop - between Raleigh NC and Dallas TX. That stop is MIDWAY AIRPORT IN FREAKING CHICAGO.
I got Costa Rica to Jacksonville via New Jersey and once Travelocity wanted to book me Orlando to Dallas via Minneapolis. Wacky world!!

But it's those kinds of routings that supply spousal support for general aviation!

...how about Baton Rouge to DFW via Kia Optima?

Back