mjburian

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Marty
Where: Final Approach Restaurant at SBM
When: 6/6/09 11am-3pm
Why: Good food, Good friends, Good flying

A few people on Twitter have already committed. Feel free to arrive early and/or stay late. But, I have told Final Approach that I would give them some heads up on the number of people flying in... so, please let me know if you're planning on joining us.

Softball tourney. You gotta do these on Sundays!

Geez... I could DRIVE in. Won't make it though... already have plans that weekend.

BTW I got a response to your request and it is a no as they are on duty and need to be on station that day. Sorry
Totally understood. No problem.

I'm just hoping the weather is better this year than last, so we can top 10K attendees! A free event in this economy is a Good Thing! :yes:

Best friend's wedding that day, shoot

Where: Final Approach Restaurant at SBM
When: 6/6/09 11am-3pm
Why: Good food, Good friends, Good flying

A few people on Twitter have already committed. Feel free to arrive early and/or stay late. But, I have told Final Approach that I would give them some heads up on the number of people flying in... so, please let me know if you're planning on joining us.

I've heard good things about lunch in Sheboygan. Sounds fun.

So far I see one probably (David) and one maybe (Barry).

Anybody else?

Any updates? Are we still on?

Right now the only thing that could stop me is the weather (or my wife's never-ending honey-do list:D)

Any updates? Are we still on?

Right now the only thing that could stop me is the weather (or my wife's never-ending honey-do list:D)

Still on for now, but weather is a concern. I'd like to hold off as long as possible before canceling, but know that people might have to cancel plane reservations.

Weather's not looking great. June 20th is being discussed as the rainout date. Who could make that date?

I think we might be able to make it on the 20th, though we're already planning to go down to Bloomington for dinner that evening.

My guess is he will be at 6Y9 that weekend. Plus he already got his father's day gift - an engine analyzer.

I'm in, and in fact, I'm hoping that the weather will be miserable. Need to get some real IMC now that I'm here... :)

Not having my IR and no previous "flying in the rain" experience... I'm going to have to cancel my participation in the lunch at SBM on 6/6. If there's enough interest, maybe I'll try to put something together for 6/20 (I'll create a different thread for that if it happens).

If any of you do still go, I hope you have a great time!

Marty (and anyone else in the area),
Come on by the Cavalcade of Planes at Clow from 10 - 4 on the 6th and 7th! I'll be working the Angel Flight/Lifeline Pilot booth! Here's the flyer!

I'll probably poke around the cavalcade tomorrow like 1:30 - 2ish if the weather is nice

SBM was nice today. We walked into a completely empty restaurant and had some good food.

Even though I've only been there once, one of the waitresses recognized me. Fun times. Although the rain wasn't that great.

Chicago Approach was nice, let us pick our altitude, just overall a good experience. Milwaukee, as always, was awesome.

-Felix

Back