Set That Tailwheel Down, Gently

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Nick spent about 3 or 4 years building this screamer of an RV-8a. I recently nailed him on touch-down. There can't be more than a few inches separating pavement and tailwheel.

HR

Attachments

• 022_22.JPG
    022_22.JPG
    591.7 KB · Views: 48
Lawreston said:
Nick spent about 3 or 4 years building this screamer of an RV-8a. I recently nailed him on touch-down. There can't be more than a few inches separating pavement and tailwheel.

HR
If that's an RV-8A then he has a real problem. :D
I believe it's an RV-8. The A model has a nose wheel. Nice looking airplane.

Chip

gibbons said:
If that's an RV-8A then he has a real problem. :D
I believe it's an RV-8. The A model has a nose wheel. Nice looking airplane.

Chip

Haha.. That's what I was thinking. If that's a 'A', then he needs to work on landings a bit more. ;)

That is a REALLY nice looking plane, though. If it's a 'screamer', I'm guessing he put the 200hp Lyc in? I tried to talk dad into going with the -8, but neither of us has tailwheel endorsement, and a 200hp speed demon probably wouldn't be the best plane to 'learn' in. ;)

-Chris

CJones said:
Haha.. That's what I was thinking. If that's a 'A', then he needs to work on landings a bit more. ;)

That is a REALLY nice looking plane, though. If it's a 'screamer', I'm guessing he put the 200hp Lyc in? I tried to talk dad into going with the -8, but neither of us has tailwheel endorsement, and a 200hp speed demon probably wouldn't be the best plane to 'learn' in. ;)

-Chris

Thanks, guys; the misidentification is my error. I think it's been about 2 to 3 years since Nick completed construction. The "A" probably wasn't even available at that time. I'll not edit my original post, lest it screw up your responses.

HR

EDIT: Here's some pics from a photo shoot earlier than my touch-down shot.

Owner Type: Individual Owner Name: KNOBIL NICHOLAS H
City: BOWDOINHAM State: ME
Zip: 04008-5203 Country: US
Fractional Owner:
Aircraft Type: Fixed wing single engine Model Year: 2002
Airworthiness Class: Experimental Transponder Code: 52573566
Serial Number: 80549 Aircraft Model: 056140M
Last Action: 2005-11-15 Cert Issue: 2002-11-19
Status: The Triennial Aircraft Registration form was mailed and has not been returned by the Post Office
Aircraft Mfg: KNOBIL NICHOLAS H Aircraft Model: RV-8
Category: Land Amateur: Yes
Engines: 1 Seats: 2
Weight: CLASS 1 Cruising Speed: 0
Engine Mfg.: AMA/EXPR Engine Model: UNKNOWN ENG
Fuel Consumed: 0.00 Horsepower/Thrust: 0

Attachments

• 006_6.JPG
    006_6.JPG
    480 KB · Views: 9
  • 007_7.JPG
    007_7.JPG