Server status check #2 (10/21) - please everyone vote

When you go to http://www.pilotsofamerica.com, what happens?

• You get a message about the server moving, then you get redirected to the forums.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • You get a message about the migration taking place - there is a link to the forums in that message.

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • The forums load up right away without any of the other options happening first.

Votes: 22 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
When you go to http://www.pilotsofamerica.com, what happens? Please click the link and watch the results closely, then return to this poll.

1) You get a message about the server moving, then you get redirected to the forums.
2) You get a message about the migration taking place and there is a link to the forums in that message. The link points to the .net site and all other links on the page also point to the .net site.
3) The forums load up right away without any of the other options happening first.

Please vote again. We need as many votes as possible in order to be sure it's safe to proceed to the final migration step.

7:10 AM CDT- I got the redirect page & I had to click on it to get to POA.net

8:32 AM EST Message concerning migration with a link...
The .com page took a while to load...

9:23 AM CDT- Got the redirect page. Clicking on the forums link on that page also took me to the POA.net- no automatic redirect.

9:26 CDT- the links on the POA.com page send me to the POA.net equivelent.

I meant to edit the post above, but I got into the quick reply by mistake...

Still using the .com bookmark. Still no problems. I notice all the links on this page are also .coms.

Are you sure you're actually doing something or is this a terrorist plot to make me think you're doing something so I'll divert my attention from all the other terrorist plots that are happening?

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't me whole would is NOT out to get me!! :D

When I tried earlier (Friday or Saturday?) I got a message and a link to follow. Today it pops right into the new server.

Okay, here's something. Just for fun, I clicked on the current poll from the home page and got the following...

"In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist."

10:42 CDT the redirect is automatic from POA.com to POA.net Edit- upon clicking a link. The redirect message is gone.

The current poll on the home page seems to be working for me.

Last edited:
Alles in ordnung here.

But I note that, when I clicked on a link for any of the PoA merchandise items, I get a message that I do not have "Permission to access this page."

But then again, I also see that the PoA Apparel Shop is offline. Hmmm.

1:42 PM CDT- the redirect message is back, click on it to get to POA.new

I logged in on a different computer at home and got the "whitelist" message. On Windows XP this was fixed by: ipconfig/flushdns Joe

It automatically redirected me. I noted that at first it showed me as logged in, but after following a forum link or two I had to log back in.

No real problems chuck.
EXCEPT today at 4:48 Central time, I kept getting database errors when trying to load the page.
Lasted about 10 minutes.
Just wanted to make you aware of it.

Mark B

I've accessed this through about 4 different networks/DNS servers this weekend. No, wait, maybe 5 or six.

A couple have redirected me, a couple sent me right here, and one gave me a misconfigured server message.

"Server migration is underway.

You are currently seeing the old PoA server." with a link.

A short time ago I did get a database update message. But now everything is fine. I also just upgraded to the latest version of Firefox and no problem getting into PoA after that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back