Sennheiser leaves pilot market

I have used the HMEC 26-2 on a couple citation trips. It was the most uncomfortable thing ever after about 1.5 hrs.

Between lightspeed and bose the ANR market is tuff.

DC owns the passive market

That's too bad. Competition is good and they are a top audio brand. I never got a hands-on look at them but I was intrigued by their looks and price point. Sorry to see them go.

I have and like one. It needs a wire fixed right now. I think the Bose is better and the LS is as good.
I never used the BT feature, so not sure of it's value. It had a weird power plug that I didn't use.

I had a studio set, but never an aircraft set. Tried them once and wasn't particularly impressed with the comfort, but this was before ANR. Personally I was always surprised at how many manufacturers could be supported in the GA market.

Wonder if they are going to have a fire sale ? Might be worth picking up a cheap pair for the back seat

We have Sennheiser ANRs at work, although I'm not sure what model. Not the most comfortable headset in the world, but they work okay. I much prefer my Bose.

Wonder if they are going to have a fire sale ? Might be worth picking up a cheap pair for the back seat

Maybe, it probably comes down to if it helps their tax position or not. It's not like Sennheiser is in trouble or going out of business and is trying to salvage the last capital before the bankruptcy or anything. They still have a top of the market product line in other larger markets, it's just that in order to make the sales to make the GA market worth it, will require the advertising to compete with Bose and Lightspeed. They just decided it wasn't worth it so they dropped the aviation market. The good thing is Sennheiser has good support, and if you have one or buy a close out, the chances of getting continued service and repair is pretty good.

It happens. I had a Sony headset that was much nicer than the garden variety Telex 750s at the time. Sony pulled out biz...I was able to get them fixed one time after that , and after that, no longer.

All the spare earpads I had purchased turned to dust in their bags.

- R

Back