Selling the old plane

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
Well folks, the contract on the P-Baron is ready to sign; so, I've got to get the A-36 on the market. It's been a great bird for me. Taken me losts of places with only minor dispatch issues.

Don't want to feed two birds again; so, I'm cleanin her up and getting ready to put her on the market.

Did anyone else regret havin to sell their old bird? :(

Best,

Dave

The family was a little disapointed when we moved from a 210 to a mooney. Before we could load 5 people and enough stuff to last us a week. Now when we load 4 people we have to pack VERY light. Other than that everything is much more enjoyable in the new bird.

Good luck with your new plane. I'm glad everything is working out well for you (insurance, partnership, etc)

I just sold my plane and it is simular to loosing an "old friend".The plane and I had become one and it is sort well "what do we do now". We flew many places together with family and the Debonair was a member my family I had decide to find a "good home" for my plane and I did find one and the owner is so greatfull. He is encourages me to fly and I do get out and fly with him. I just found out that I have to be a side kick(copilot) for medical reasons. Well we had a nice celebration by flying and enjoying every minute. Yes selling a plane is hard :( but I am so glad that my bird has a great new home.:redface: I do feel so lucky to have had the experience of owning a plane and they do become personal friends.

John J

I was very sad to sell my Mooney 201, but excited about the reason (kid #3). I replaced it with a Lance, and then sold the Lance when I decided I wanted a Citabria. Now when I want to travel, I strongly regret selling the Lance. So much so that on two occasions I've put my Citabria up for sale, only to basically turn away people who wanted to buy it. I always told myself it was because they weren't offering enough money, but that's not it. I've kinda gotten attached to the hardware. Personally, my regret over selling the Lance will never go away until 1) I can afford two airplanes, 2) I discover a single airplane that will do all I want it to do (think aerobatic Bonanza taildragger with retractable floats), or 3) my travel needs take a distinct turn in one direction or another.

Ken:

I've thought of keepin the A-36 for many of the same reasons you revealed. It's been a great blend of performance and efficiency; good instrument platform; reasonable cost to maintain. Not much of an aerobatic guy, but could see and Extra 300 in the future. The 58P is the pressurized high performance bird.

I think that'd do it for me for awhile. Let's see now, where did I put the paper work on the trust funds?? :p

Dave Siciliano said:
Ken:

I've thought of keepin the A-36 for many of the same reasons you revealed. It's been a great blend of performance and efficiency; good instrument platform; reasonable cost to maintain. Not much of an aerobatic guy, but could see and Extra 300 in the future. The 58P is the pressurized high performance bird.

I think that'd do it for me for awhile. Let's see now, where did I put the paper work on the trust funds?? :p
I miss my Turbo Bullet M20J. It had 100 gals of fuel. PIA-->GJT with an alternate of ABQ. Pretty impressive. :-O

Back