Sold selling my 172G

Matt C

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Matt C
I haven't been flying due to health issues and it hurts to do this but....

The annual is due at the end of September - I'm offering a pre-annual and pre-listing price of $29,000. There are no known deficiencies other than the usual O-300 drips. After annual I'll put it on the sales sites for $35,000. No ADSB on board but is otherwise equipped for IFR. 2 working KX155 and working Garmin 496. TT ~6144, SMOH ~1642. Exterior has a few paint blemishes and a few hail dings, interior refinish was started and not finished. If you're interested, I can text or email more pics to you. I haven't posted in a long time but I assume I can still receive messages through this site. Thx

Edit - located at 35DIMG_9795.jpgIMG_9798.jpgIMG_9796.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't been flying due to health issues and it hurts to do this but....

The annual is due at the end of September - I'm offering a pre-annual and pre-listing price of $29,000. There are no known deficiencies other than the usual O-300 drips. After annual I'll put it on the sales sites for $35,000. No ADSB on board but is otherwise equipped for IFR. 2 working KX155 and working Garmin 496. TT ~6144, SMOH ~1642. Exterior has a few paint blemishes and a few hail dings, interior refinish was started and not finished. I'm trying to figure out picture upload (too large to upload message). If you're interested, I can text or email pics to you. I haven't posted in a long time but I assume I can still receive messages through this site. Thx

Where you located Matt?

Sorry - I should have mentioned. SW Michigan @ 35D

Very nice looking 172G, Matt, and very reasonably priced. We had a G model for a few years and really liked it. Ours was similarly equipped, except we had an old LORAN instead of the Garmin 496. I have regretted thousands of times that we sold that airplane. I would be all over yours except now I am constrained from flying due to other obligations.

Although I doubt you will need it, good luck with the sale.

I have a plane and don't need two but you have what appears to be a good deal goin' on there. Hoping your health gets better ...

I'm not in the market for a 172, but this one seems underpriced. I know it could use some panel updates, but it seems like it should be worth somewhere around 2x the asking price. Am i way off here?

I'm not in the market for a 172, but this one seems underpriced. I know it could use some panel updates, but it seems like it should be worth somewhere around 2x the asking price. Am i way off here?
It would depend on how long ago that O-300 was overhauled, and how much it was run recently. When we bought our F model, there was corrosion inside the engine from disuse. I'm told that getting parts for the old six is getting a little more difficult.
BTW, his price is ten K higher than I sold mine for, a decade ago; times have changed.

As an H model owner/flyer I'd said it's fair given the panel, ADS-B upgrade needed, ACTT, and close to TBO engine (1800TBO).
Interesting to see the fueling step/handle on an older model. Never cared for it myself.

Nice paint, are those recent photos?

Has it been flown lately? How’s compressions? What was the date of last overhaul? Does she have complete logs?

Nice paint, are those recent photos?

Has it been flown lately? How’s compressions? What was the date of last overhaul? Does she have complete logs?
Thanks. The pictures were taken the day of the posting. For the sake of not misleading anyone, the paint is quite good from the cowl to the back but the cowl has some blemishes that I was hoping to have fixed by now. The gear legs are also chipped and painted over.

Logs are complete and compressions were all 70s at the last annual. The overhaul was done by Americas Aircraft Engines and it was installed in the plane 7/17/02.

Flying time has been very low this year due to health problems. I haven't been logging any of my flights due to it being irrelevant so I don't have a date of last flight for you.

If you want more specifics feel free to message me and we can exchange contact info.

I have a similar G with very similar times. I paid $24k 5 years ago. In the spring I had an insurance scare and couldn‘t find a replacement for under $45k. I think your under priced.

I have a similar G with very similar times. I paid $24k 5 years ago. In the spring I had an insurance scare and couldn‘t find a replacement for under $45k. I think your under priced.
Thank you for the input. Unfortunately, a timely sale would be helpful for me right now. I tried to price it very reasonably for a "no haggle" deal. As I indicated in the original post, this was a "POA special" to hopefully save me some effort. It will go on Barnstormers soon and the price will bump a bit then.

Regards.

Hi Matt, Sorry to hear about the medical and the C172G. That is rough. I sent you a message. Thanks, David T

Back