seizure disorder

U

Unregistered

i had a medical discharge from the army in 2006 for a seizure disorder. i had ONE seizure in the recovery room right after a forearm reconstruction surgery. papers say seizure like event. i have never had another, nor ever been on meds. i do have a disibality rateing for it, can i get a first class med rateing?

i dont know why the discharge reads for a seizure disorder....i dont know..

Bruce?

unreg - are you accepting a disability payments if you are not disabled? Just feel like taking the money?
Counselor, I had to ask, for clarity, I saw just what you point out.....I however, used a little more er.....tact....on this one, than you....

Where is the icon for a "ton of bricks?" when you need it....

Counselor, I had to ask, for clarity, I saw just what you point out.....I however, used a little more er.....tact....on this one, than you....

Where is the icon for a "ton of bricks?" when you need it....

From what I recall of the SSA/FAA thing a few years back in the fallout, that the disability rating and payment (if he I getting one) and medical certification are two unique issues. IOW, the fact of disability does not necessarily preclude one from holding a medical. This would seem to be compounded by his disability claim being a subjected rather than requested one.

Aside from the disability question, is it correct to associate his desire to obtain a first class medical with a desire to become employed as an ATP?

It is a 0 rateing but it is still on paper. Not sucking money for that issue. I have ratings for tinitus( ringing in ear) minor hearing loss and something for my arm. My rating for the seizure episode. Was not asked for.

It is a 0 rateing but it is still on paper. Not sucking money for that issue. I have ratings for tinitus( ringing in ear) minor hearing loss and something for my arm. My rating for the seizure episode. Was not asked for.
No meds (for seizure)?

I'm confused on the use of the word rating (or is it rateing?) when it comes to describing a medical condition.

Last edited:
I'm confused on the use of the word rating (or is it rateing?) when it comes to describing a medical condition.

Percentage of disability; loss of motion/function/strength. Basically in this sense it is an estimation of loss of earning potential.

Okay. Well if the unreg OP isn't going to tell me after two rounds of questioning if he had meds for seizure, I can't really help here.....(post 2, post 10). I'll check in occasionally. It's critical from a certification point of view.

Bye for now.

Okay. Well if the unreg OP isn't going to tell me after two rounds of questioning if he had meds for seizure, I can't really help here.....(post 2, post 10). I'll check in occasionally. It's critical from a certification point of view.

Bye for now.

Post 1 states never any meds, 'seizure like event' in post OP recovery, no reoccurrence.

Thank you, Henning.
I do want him to repeat that he has never had an seizure meds.

If so, then it's easy. FIVE years without seizures off of all meds, Neurologist's eval, MRI and EEG (sleep and awake) and if all is well, normal issuance.

Dude, you're coming through loud and clear on all channels, both with and without your ID. Sort of destroys your anonymity...

Sorry. Was having trouble posting.

I have never been on any seizure meds

In 2010 i had to do the tests you mentioned above for the dmv. (Yes they had to be informed aswell. All came back normal but they did not remove any rateing. I am mostly worried about being " labeled as a risk" for having it

Last edited:
ironsightmugee- the neurologist assessment and EEG will have to be "current" to your new application- the 2010 stuff is too old. The scan- not so much.

Sorry. Was having trouble posting.

I have never been on any seizure meds

In 2010 i had to do the tests you mentioned above for the dmv. (Yes they had to be informed aswell. All came back normal but they did not remove any rateing. I am mostly worried about being " labeled as a risk" for having it

You already have been labeled "a risk" lol, what you are doing now is proving the supporting documentation to show that the level of risk is the same as with the population in general. This will all be rehashed at every FAA medical you ever take, luckily there is a great feature to the 8500 form for the medical and that is "PRNC", Preciously Reported, No Change, MedExpress even has a nifty little box you check labeled as such so I don't have to even write that anymore.:D

I see well proper care of what you are going through can help you for sure,But at the moment just ask this question from a professional so you can get rid of this problem in a appropriate way.

Nitin Chhoda

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back