Sedona Airport Under Attack - Spread the Word!

Looks like they shut it down at 93.3% Not a Problem. It was in the left pane with [Vote] and [Results] buttons. Now only the [Results] button is available. To see the percentage, after selecting [Results], pass your mouse over the graphic.

Currently it is 93.4% for the airport, and I can still see the poll as active (clear my cookies, can vote again). :)

I just erased the cookies that were placed on the date I visited the Web page. Then I set the cookie settings in Internet Explorer to "Prompt," and when it prompted, I declined cookies from that site and clicked the box to always do the same for that site. (In IE 8, go to Tools, Internet Options, Privacy, Advanced.)

Considering how many votes it takes to change the results by 0.1%, at this point I suspect that the number of votes cast exceeds the population of Sedona by a wide margin!

Any suspicion of a causal relationship?

Sorry to be a killjoy, but if it's any consolation, I think your intentions were good.

They narrowly avoided mass overhead breaks by the Van's (and Grumman) Air Force.

:devil:

Any suspicion of a causal relationship?

Sorry to be a killjoy, but if it's any consolation, I think your intentions were good.

My intentions are to keep the airport from being closed, moved or whatever, and, if possible, to discourage the NIMBYs from pursuing their agenda. If voting 37 times aids my objective, I'm happy.

I have zero interest in the media's self-serving agenda for publishing this poll.

Results 4/27/2012 8:45am (Eastern)
Number of Voters: 53443 Airport is not a problem: 95.5%

Heaven forbid it makes them spill their Green Tea and Patchouli oil! The horrors! :rolleyes:

Not true. The problem with Meigs was Richie Daly, not noise. It could have been a sailplane port and he would have dug big Xs in the runway.

Considering how many votes it takes to change the results by 0.1%, at this point I suspect that the number of votes cast exceeds the population of Sedona by a wide margin!

Funny that these two topics should show up in the same thread together. ;)

Results 4/27/2012 8:45am (Eastern)
Number of Voters: 53443 Airport is not a problem: 95.5%

Considering that the population of Sedona is only about ten thousand, I assume they are aware at this point that their polling methodology is flawed!

No, they'll probably blame the results on chemtrails or alien manipulation.

The spirits in The Vortex want the airport to stay open!

The spirits in The Vortex want the airport to stay open!

Well of course, the airport is on the Mesa where the Vortex touches down and all the spirits inhabit the bodies of deer to feed. That's why the airport is closed at night.

I clicked on the link but the poll on the left side of the page isn't about the airport... Maybe the voting is closed

I clicked on the link but the poll on the left side of the page isn't about the airport... Maybe the voting is closed

The spirits have invaded the internet and took over that link stating with no margin for error that the airport should remain open. So sayeth the spirits of the vortex.

She has her petition up on change.org. I did a search and it is the only petition that shows up for 'Sedona Airport'. As of now she has 480 folks signing her silly petition. I think we could blow that away just as we did the newspaper poll.

Btw, on the petition under 'petition updates' she says;

"After my interview in Friday's newspaper the www.redrocknews.com put up a vote on their front page. We had 86-88% of the votes in our favor for three days and today, it looks like they spent all day voting us down. Go to the website and vote to move or close the airport now."

I'd like to put up a counter petition on change.org. I think with our reach we could march right past her silly little 480 signers. Problem is I'm not so great at writing these things up. I know AOPA has official pointers on how to deal with these folks. Language that points out the benifits of an airport to a community.

Anybody have a body of work that could be formated to address the Sedona issue? I'd really like to get a counter petition going. Her's is addressed to everybody from the US Senate and House to the local Parks and Recs dept.

Last edited:

1. In the left pane where the new poll is, select the [Results] button.
  2. The middle pane opens with a pie chart.
  3. At the top, select the option View results for: What can the Sedona Airport do to alleviate complaints?
  4. In the left pane, select choice #4
  5. Click [Vote]
I haven't tried to vote since they changed the poll. Maybe you cannot vote any longer.

Anybody send this to AOPA?

I am a member and they say they have a PAC for things like this...let them work it out diplomatically

No, they'll probably blame the results on chemtrails or alien manipulation.

It's okay though. They are safe because of their magic crystals and their special hats.
tin-foil-hat_thumb.jpg

Somebody hurt this lady in the past, and she's looking to make somebody suffer. It doesn't matter who.

I flew in there on a beautiful, late afternoon. The red rocks were glowing, wind calm, the Waco was working the pattern, all was right with the world. One of the greatest locations for an airport, anywhere.

Whoever is behind this movement is a jackass. And you can tell him I called him that....

I flew in there on a beautiful, late afternoon. The red rocks were glowing, wind calm, the Waco was working the pattern, all was right with the world. One of the greatest locations for an airport, anywhere.

Whoever is behind this movement is a jackass. And you can tell him I called him that....

ehhemm. her.

Here's our local idiot

http://dailyinterlake.com/news/local_montana/article_f0a54e3a-2475-11e1-af07-0019bb2963f4.html

Comment session was tonight, final decision May 21st.

Back