Security at KBDR (Bridgeport, CT)

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Check out this video... guy started up his plane, picked up his IFR clearance, and is taxing out towards the runway. What is depicted at this time marker? Is this some FBO-specific security, or some TSA-mandated thing? Any ideas? During the day only, or do they have somebody stationed there to remove the stanchions day and night?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NeVmUNdnyBQ#t=368s

It's very possible it was closed off temporarily for some sort of maintenance or cleanup activity.

I don't know, but when I've been there I had no issues. It looks to me like he was parked somewhere other than normal transient parking. Those stanchions may be to keep folks from leaving before they pay their maintenance bill.

Yeah, he makes a call to ground, just after clearing that he's at Atlantic... probably and FBO thing; the semi-permanent concrete barriers at wings width inclines me to think it's other than temporary. Tim, good call on maintenance; could be that Atlantic does this to control ingress/egress from their ramp.

I've never had an issue getting off the Atlantic ramp at BDR. It could be some sort of temporary thing. I haven't seen those barriers before.

With all the water on the taxiways, my guess is that this was recorded while Runway 11-29 was closed due to flooding. I noticed that my airplane is not parked in its usual spot. The runway has been flooded out a couple of times this year.

Freighters and commuters use Atlantic. Most regular small piston guys use 3-wing.

Looks like he's using a "high wing only" taxiway. A Skyhawk could have rolled right through.

Back