Secure, Cheap Tie-Down for Irma Bugout

NKTFlyer

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
NKTFlyer
Members of the board,

Building my hurricane bug out plan just in case this Irma thing goes bad. I am babysitting my friend's Mooney in Eastern NC (EWN) because he's deployed right now. Planning for the worst right now, I'm thinking somewhere on the arc roughly around Charlotte, Greensboro, Roanoke, etc. I'd like to find a tie-down or hangar that is primarily secure and, secondarily, not terribly expensive. I would need to leave it for a few days because I'm also likely looking at having to fly a grey jet out of the path a day or two later.

Does anybody have any ideas on where I should look? Anybody got a spot open?

If needed due West, maybe NW for now. I'd have a flexible schedule & be ready. Most predictions seem to have it raking the coast. It's also a bit early for an accurate track.

I'm with you, but I don't know if those location will be far enough depending on the track... Just going to wait and see...

We've got tie down space and possibly a spot in our hangar (Mx dependent) at 1A0 (Eastern TN) if you need to get further inland.

I would plan on at least 200 miles inland and high ground. Not an airport in low lying area.

The GFS takes it up the coast of Florida to Hilton Head area then due inland where it dissipates as a big rain storm.

The euro takes it into Mobile - \\

Almost all of the models take it into a cone between Mobile and Miami . . . YMMV.

Back